Highlight by Cohdoo
By Cohdoo, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shine new light on audio recording user research, interviews, lectures and more with Cohdoo Highlight. Simply start a recording, marking “aha” moments as you hear them. Break time? Pause and resume the same recording, adding more highlights. Later, easily review your highlights, add notes and share recordings with your team. Get your recordings out of the dark, let no dust collect on great ideas … Highlight!
Nielsen Norman “2012 Best Application Design" Winner
Never Lose Key Points ... or Eye Contact Again
• Start the recording and each time you hear something you'd like to recall, jolts you with an "aha", simply touch the screen and mark it. A highlight point will be added.
• Add as many highlights as you'd like.
• A little slow on making the mark? You can set the highlight to automatically shift back a few seconds.
• Take a photo while a recording, or add one after-the-fact during playback (iPad only).
Improve Your Listening
• Playback your recording in whole, or instantly jump to your marked highlights allowing you to quickly access key information and data.
• You can add more highlights in playback mode too.
• Variable speed playback: .5x, 1x, 1.5x and 2x.
Share the Good News
• All your highlights, notes and other recording data are stored within a single, small audio file, making it easy to share the “aha” experience.
• Send via email.
• Upload a recording to Dropbox.
• Open Highlight recordings in Box, Evernote, iMovie, Google Drive and more with support for iOS "Open In" feature.
• Copy to your desktop with iTunes file sharing.
• Play back recordings on a Mac, or PC with QuickTime.
Replay on the Big Screen
Using the Highlight Player companion app for OSX, available on the App Store, others can easily play recordings you send them from Highlight right on their desktop, allowing you to quickly spread key knowledge and “aha” moments to teammates and others throughout your organization.
Everyone Loves Highlight
“Cohdoo’s Highlight app is super slick. There is even a converter to move recordings to iTunes on Mac.” –Nick Finck, Blink Interactive
“I’ve been looking for something simple that I could use to ‘point mark’ my interviews for ages, and I’ve finally found it,” –Chris Butler, Ziba Design
“Enter ‘Highlight’, an iPhone app that does something and does it really good: Voice recording with the ability to highlight that “aha” moment on the fly!” –UxSoup.com
“Highlight changes my role in a meeting from a simple note-taker to an active participant.” –Billy Guldager, McAfee
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- Fixed issue with iOS 5.1
- Open Highlight recordings in Dropbox, Box, Evernote, iMovie, Google Drive and more with new support for iOS "Open In" feature.
- Start recording quickly with the new "start immediately" setting. Simply touch the "New Recording" button from the Home Screen and Highlight will begin recording.
- Recording library summary on iPhone/iPod Touch Home Screen displaying total recordings, total time recorded and total highlights.
- Minor bug fixes
THIS ONE'S A GODSEND!
Always get lost when taking notes. Not anymore! Not only do I have full lectures with no waste because of the pause and resume feature, but I also have the highlights of those lectures with one touch of the screen. Amazing! Right now I have suffered a serious injury and I'm documenting my progress each day. It couldn't be simpler! The cost of this app is miniscule compared to the benefits! It would be absolutely crazy of you NOT to buy it! Thank you for such a wonderful app!! Please keep up the good work! The next thing I need to learn is how to get this material into Dropbox, Evernote, or iTunes.
Best voice recording app...
Other apps, including apples native app, for voice recording are terrible. On other apps, the voice is never loud enough, you can't jump to the middle of the recording or you can't get out of the app and look at something else. I use highlight to record my lectures for school and it's amazing! You can actually hear your lectures, the interface is good, and you can share to Dropbox from the app. The best voice recorder in the App Store. They also have players and converters for your mac desktop. Very nice.
THE BEST EVER
ok u may read some bad reviews here and there but I am telling you that this is THE BEST app to record lectures!!!
the pros: it mostly blocks out loud noises...I did a trial run to see how well this worked compared to other recording apps and it even blocked out my music blaring and just focused on the conversation in the living room (my ipad was in the kitchen) other than some minimal sounds coming from the bass in the music
it has very clear and crisp sound
it is a very sleek design
the cons are that whenever I highlight something in the lecture i can't go back to the highlight....I highlight something, close the app, come back to it and it's gone.....please fix!!! I have finals this week and I'm stressing !!! I
other than that thought it is amazing!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 29, 2013
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 6.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cohdoo, LLC
- © 2011 Cohdoo, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.