Highlights of the Superior Hiking Trail
By Out There Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your guide to unforgettable hikes that include waterfalls, river gorges, and spectacular overlooks of Lake Superior and inland forests. These are eleven of the Superior Hiking Trail Association favorites, ranging in length from 2 to eight miles. The Superior Hiking Trail is located along the scenic North Shore of Lake Superior in northeastern Minnesota.
Highlights of the Superior Hiking Trail includes:
- descriptions of each hike
- a trail map for each hike
- directions to the starting points
- all trail maps are included in the download
Superior Hiking Trail Highlights:
- extends over 280 miles from Duluth, Minnesota to the Canadian border
- designed for both day hikes and backpacking
- passes through both public and private lands
- easily accessible every few miles
- signs at the access points
- trail is well marked with blue paint blazes along the trail
- wear sturdy footwear
- carry water and snacks
- bring rain gear
- allow one hour for every one to two miles walked
Dogs are allowed on leash only. No off-road vehicles or bicycles allowed. Camp only in designated sites.
The Superior Hiking Trail Association builds, maintains, and manages the trail with the help of hundreds of members and volunteers.
What's New in Version 1.1
Added access to Google Maps for driving directions to the trailhead parking. Updated for iPad retina display.
Great starting point!!
Best: I was completely unfamiliar with both the area & the Superior Trail. This app was the perfect launch point for my research on a family hiking trip to North Shore MN. We hiked the lower routes with my 5 & 6 year olds & had an AMAZING time. The routes were slightly off the beaten path allowing us to escape any crowds! The only reason I didn't give it a 5, is it would have been super cool to have gps capabilities.
No gps functionality
It's nice someone took the time to make this app but it's not really useful as a tool. It's seems to have no functionality besides pointing you towards buying a copy of the trail book. Which, in that, serves it's purpose.