Hike+ [hike more]
By World Champ Tech
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A photo is more than mere pixels, and GPS data is more than points on a map.
In the same way that a photo tells a story, GPS data can also tell a story. Hike+ features unique and powerful tools to capture the story of your hike.
The Premier Apple Watch Hiking App!
- Get convenient access to the all your hiking data - speed, distance, altitude, grade & more!
- View climbs right on your wrist.
- Charts & graphs for many key metrics.
- A user interface designed for easy reading reading in bright sunlight.
- Watch Activity rings updated from Hike+ app data!
- Tag & share noteworthy points along your hike, and start recordings without reaching for your iPhone!
- Developed by a team of World and National Champion athletes.
Record Hike Memories
- Automatically detect & categorize climbs with advanced altitude and grade data processing.
- Easily tag & share noteworthy points along your hike.
Share Hike Memories
- Create and share hike highlight videos.
Works With Pebble
- Integrates seamlessly with Pebble 3.0 smart watches.
- Get key data at your fingertips - speed, distance, altitude, grade & more.
- Tag noteworthy locations, and start interval timers without reaching for your iPhone.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: upgrade to a Pebble Smart Watch using $10 off coupon available only through the Hike+ in-app upgrade tab!
All the Standard GPS Features
- Speed, distance, maps, weather, & altitude charts.
- Capture photos & videos during your hike.
- Post hike details to Strava, Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram.
- Incredible battery life! Record hikes up to 10 hours on a single battery charge.
Discover & Plan New Adventures
- Filter & search routes by estimated hike time, location, and terrain.
- View complete route details - map, route profile & categorized climbs.
- Create short route preview videos to visualize prominent route landmarks.
- Accurately estimate route hike time using MIT-developed algorithms.
- Available with subscription to the Fit plan for only $1.99 per month.
Your subscription defaults to automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged via your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Unless auto-renew is turned off 24 hrs prior to the end of the current payment period, your subscription will renew each month. You can manage your payment status (cancel account, turn on/off auto-renew, etc.) via your iTunes account settings.
Hike+ is designed, developed, & coded by world champion athletes.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Terms of Service: http://www.worldchamptech.com/terms.html
What's New in Version 1.5.9
Resolved to hike more in the new year?
Kick it off right with the improved Hike+ app!
What’s new in version 1.5:
1. An incredibly powerful, native WatchOS2 app!
- Vastly improved performance compared to the the WatchOS1 app.
- Charts & graphs for many key metrics.
- A subtly redesigned user interface to make the app even easier to read in bright sunlight.
- Watch Activity rings updated from Run+ app data!
- A new watch only mode that allows you to use the app with reduced accuracy without your iPhone (To use in watch only mode, turn “Use iPhone GPS” setting to off in Hike+ app settings in Apple Watch app on your iPhone).
2. New tools to help you capture even more memories of your hike.
- Hike+ now automatically detects and imports photos and videos taken 30 minutes before and after you hike to help you remember and tell the story of key pre and post hike moments.
3. A completely updated Pebble experience with support for Pebble Time and Pebble Time Round!
- You can now start a new activity recording straight from your Pebble without ever opening your iPhone.
4. All activities now include estimates of energy and average power using advanced MIT-developed algorithms. This algorithm has been extensively validated using years of activity data to set the benchmark for the industry.
- Note: the algorithm used in the basic app provides a good estimate of caloric expenditure, but to get even better accuracy - upgrade to the Fit version of the app.
5. Hundreds of under the hood fixes to improve performance, speed, and most critically - reliability.
- File size has been substantially reduced to allow you to store an entire lifetime of activities on even the smallest iPhones. You never have to try and find that download cable again!
Version 1.5.9 contains bug fixes & performance improvements.
Man.. I had high hopes for this app.. it's features and data gathering abilities looked great from the demo but.. it's SO buggy with my Apple Watch series 2 that it's unusable. I went on a 7 mile hike. It didn't record my ascent, it didn't map my route, when I wanted to tag a location the app would crash every time, and when I got home and attempted to the map of my hike on my iPhone 6s Plus, it showed me as being in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean. Last time I checked, the hiking trails there were under water. Emailed my issues to the "feedback" button with zero response. I'm moving on to another app. This one was a total FAIL.
This app syncs with my pebble watch which is quite handy. It tracks your distance and route when initialized at the start of your hike. Unfortunately the hike planning feature causes the app to crash whenever you move the location on the map, making it unusable unless you are planning a hike within the area that you are currently.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 02, 2016
- Version: 1.5.9
- Size: 61.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: World Champ Tech, LLC
- © 2014 World Champ Tech, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hike+ Fit Auto-Renewable Subscription$1.99