Discover the best itineraries in Ticino, one of the most charming regions anywhere in Switzerland, with the hikeTicino App!
This guide lets you to have all the most important information on more than 150 tourist routes and the related points of interest close to hand at all times.
The app also works offline and without an internet connection.
In addition, it’s very easy to add points of interest to the ‘Favourites’ section. The same list will also be available and synchronised on the Ticino.ch website, so that you’ll never lose your favourite Ticino.
The App’s main features include:
- weather data for the region, updated with latest MeteoSwiss information (online mode only);
- information on accomodation, points of interest, attractions, events, excursions and restaurants;
- possibility of filtering results by the different regions of Ticino;
- Search for the desired itinerary by surfing the contents, otherwise search by key-word;
- display the itinerary details and description in order to understand its characteristics;
- search the points of interest on the map based on the current position of the device (around me);
- points of interest available offline;
- possibility to save itineraries in the ‘Favourites’ section, which is synchronised with the Ticino.ch website;
- dowload the itineraries in order to use them offline, maps included (OpenStreetMap only);
- display of the road journey to the starting point;
- see pictures of the treks;
- see the video produced by drone in panoramic flight (online mode only);
- retrace the itineraries with Google View Trekker (online mode only);
- with a simple click, telephone, e-mail and internet connection of surrounding facilities;
- all the App’s contents are also available on the reference website hike.ticino.ch.
If you have an internet connection, the contents of the App will be updated automatically.
WARNING: when you launch the application you will be asked to download the data for offline use. This procedure can take a few minutes and it is best to do it through a WiFi connection.
New in version 2.0:
- new pages, menu and filter designs;
- performance enhancements;
- new filter criteria and thematization of paths;
- additional itineraries in stages to enrich the hiking experience;
- collaboration with MeteoSwiss for an even more accurate weather forecast (online mode);
- possibility to download the offline map for each single itinerary (OpenStreetMap only);
- added login with Google+.
- Agenzia turistica ticinese SA
- 101.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Ticino Turismo
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.