- Stay on track with built-in hiking routes in the offline maps. No Internet access is required.
- Discover routes from hikers from around the world and plan your next hiking adventure.
- Use tracking to fully record your hiking progress.
- Easily record hiking tracks using keyboard, speech recognition, or iOS widget. Stay updated on your progress and never miss a moment again.
- Sync your hiking records for easy backup and sharing.
Import Records and Tracking Routes
- Import hiking records from other hikers. Compare your tracks on the map and stay on the correct track.
Export Your Records and Tracking Routes
- Help others stay safe and on track with your own hiking records. Export files, save photos, or copy text easily.
Other Exclusive Features:
• Reduces battery power consumption. Hikingbook only turns on GPS when needed.
• When you import a hiking record from Hikingbook database, images and weather information are fully displayed.
• Supports common datums (WGS84, TWD67, and TWD97) and common grids (TM2, DD, and DMS) in Taiwan.
• Hikingbook integrates with the Apple Health app to track your walking distance and workouts for each hike.
* Hikingbook consumes 25% - 30% of battery power for a one-day hike on a 2-year-old iPhone 5S.
* Hikingbook uses GPS tracking in background when the tracking function is enabled. Continued use of GPS in background may cause battery drain and decrease battery life of the device.
* While GPS can improve safety in outdoor activities, it should be noted that GPS cannot wholly replace other traditional navigation tools such as compass and maps. In addition, positioning errors or no-signal situations may arise depending on vegetation, topography, and weather condition. Prior knowledge of GPS and its limitations is strongly advised.
Bug fixes and feature optimization
* Hikingbook now integrates with the Apple Health app. Track your walking distance and workouts for each hike.
* Tracking now consumes less battery power.
* Improved tracking for higher accuracy.
* Tracking record is correctly shown when adding a log.
* Tracking records are now correctly sequenced, rendering correct height analysis.
* Fixed crash issue in Hike's timeline selection.
* Fixed location access issue when tracking is paused or terminated.
* Optimized Hikes interface for improved experience.
* This new version will no longer support iOS 9 or lower version.
* Updated offline map data.
* Other bug fixes and performance optimization.
Thank you for using Hikingbook! If you enjoy using our service, please leave a 5-star review to support us!
Ratings and Reviews
- Zheng-Xiang Ke
- 181.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Hikingbook Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.