*Get it once in the app store, and will work on both your iPad and iPhone*
An audiobook collection of 20 works by Hilaire Belloc (1870-1953). He is known mostly for his series of stories for children "Cautionary Tales", his Catholic faith, which had a strong impact on his works, and his writing collaboration with G. K. Chesterton. Will work on your iPad as well as your iPhone (see instructions below).
Included in this audio library are:
- “Cautionary Tales” (verses written from the perspective of a ridiculously stuffy and pedantic adult lecturing children on the inevitable catastrophes that result from improper behavior, such as "Jim, who ran away from his nurse, and was eaten by a lion", "Matilda, who told lies and was burnt to death", "Henry King, who chewed bits of string and was early cut off in dreadful agonies", and "Rebecca, who slammed doors for fun and perished miserably")
- “Europe and the Faith” (his effort to prove that it was the Catholic Faith that made Europe)
- “The Servile State” (a criticism of capitalism and socialism, and his vision of Distributism)
- “The Path To Rome” (the delightful story of the pilgrimage Belloc made on foot to Rome in order to fulfill a vow he had made to see all Europe which the Christian Faith has saved)
- “The French Revolution” (his determination to provide a clear background of the political theory of the French Revolution, which was a sort of religious creed, supplying the motive force of the entire thing)
- “The Free Press” (discussing what he believed to be the evil of the great modern Capitalist Press, its function to misinform and morally corrupt, and how it puts power into the hands of people who are dishonorable and with questionable character)
- “First and Last”
- “On Nothing and Kindred Subjects”
- “On Something”
- “On Anything”
-“This, That and the Other”
HOW IT WORKS
Download the app for free and listen to sample chapters before deciding to upgrade to the full version of this audio library.
These MP3s are streamed, not downloaded, so they take up no storage space on your device. A connection is required for the MP3 to play properly. To own these MP3s to manage yourself, go to our website and join the download service.
REINSTALL OR PUT ON iPAD
If you need to reinstall this app or wish to add it to another iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, download the free version, select the "Upgrade" button, and go through the purchase process again. If using the same iTunes account, you will not actually be charged again.
*If you experience any problem, first try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. You have to go through the purchase process again, but you are not actually charged again if using the same iTunes account*
To learn more about our other Catholic audio apps, or to download our MP3 libraries, visit www.CatholicMP3Vault.com.
Ratings and Reviews
It is not in Spanish
It says that is espanol pero esta 😩
- As Written Productions
- 3 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 As Written Productions
- In-App Purchases
- Hilaire Belloc Full Audio Library $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.