Find your favorite podcasts by browsing through over 20 million free episodes and 30 categories with this free podcast app.
WHY YOU NEED THIS PODCAST APP
Stay connected - streamline all your favorite podcasts into one app for free.
Stay informed - stay up to date on the top podcasts for shows, news and radio.
Stay entertained - listen to millions of popular podcasts. Even listen until you fall asleep with our podcast sleep timer feature.
Discover your next favorite podcast with expert podcast recommendations based on your usage. Stream podcasts or download episodes for free so you can listen to the latest podcasts offline at your convenience.
Best alternative of Stitcher, Overcast, Castbox, NPR one, iHeartradio, Blinkist and Spotify.
• Free podcast player perfect for your commute, workout, chores, lunch break and more
• Play podcasts while you fall asleep. Set a timer and listen as you doze off.
• Create your own playlists and share your favorite podcasts with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Messenger, Line, Email & more.
• Free podcast maker. Dive into the world of podcasting yourself! Aspiring podcasters can create podcasts and share with the world! Visit himalaya.fm himalaya.com for details.
• Free high quality audio stream with no banner ads
• Personalized homepage with latest episodes of all your favorite podcasts
• Easily discover new shows, episodes and radio
• Browse by categories, featured and top charts
• Browse listening history
• Search for episodes and shows in English, Chinese & Japanese
• Keep all your favorite podcasts in one app with the import from Overcast, Pocket Cast, Apple Podcast, and more!
HIMALAYA IS HOME TO
- TED Talks
- L.A Times
- The Rachel Maddow Show
- Joe Rogan, Wondery
- The New York Times
- and many more!
- Dirty John
- Bag Man
- The Joe Rogan Experience,
- Dr. Death
- The Daily
- Serial: This American Life,
- BBC podcasts
- NPR podcasts
- Comedy podcasts, educational podcasts, political podcasts and many more famous podcasts!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Best podcast app out there. Excellent features and friendly interface”
“I am listening to podcasts as I wean myself off the need to be entertained to fall asleep. I love that I can get rid of the blue light and have a dark sleeping space and still hear episodes.”
“I love this app and use it every day. Has a huge variety of everything. Am so glad I found Himalaya! Thank you, you're awesome!”
Tell us why you love Himalaya!
1.Fix bugs and improve performance.
Ratings and Reviews
So close to being so good
Switched over to exclusively using Himalaya over the Apple podcast app because it had become too frustrating to navigate. I like the app overall, but there are a few bugs that are driving me nuts. First, it crashes constantly. Usually while I’m trying to search for a new podcast or browsing discover to find a new podcast. Second, it will randomly start an episode in the middle when I’ve never listened to that episode before. This makes it a little difficult to distinguish if I’ve already started listening to something and moved on, or if it’s just the weird glitch and I should just restart the episode. Besides those two issues though I really like this app and the way it’s setup. It’s easy to find things and to get to new episodes, and I’ve officially switched over all my podcast listening to this platform. Wish it was slightly better, hoping there will be more updates that hammer out these minor flaws in what seems to be a promising app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your support. These two problems will be fixed in the next version.
Bring back the “feed” tab
Loved the app until the last update. Now there isn’t any way to access a list of the most recent shows from podcasts I follow since the feed tab was removed. That makes the app virtually unusable unless I open each and every show to see what’s new. That’s not practical. Bring back the feed tab to give a list of most recent shows from subscriptions followed. That is far more important that an “organized” category menu under a search tab. Search is already available under the Discover tab. Put your organized categories under the Discover tab and bring back the Feed tab. With the Feed tab, I’d rate this app a 5/5. Without it, the app is useless if you follow a lot of shows and can’t even access the Feed list.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for love to the Feed feature! We are working it, and hopefully we can design a better way to optimize the Feed listening experience, which may require a few more weeks. We'll let you know once we release the new feed.
GREAT searching feature
So many podcasts available to search by keywords (even if you’re like me and just have the idea of ‘spooky?’). Love the comment feature for when the hosts just can’t seem to think of the word or thing you’re shouting at them through your phone. All the updates so far have been noticeably better than the last, can’t wait to see what’s next!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your support.
- Himalaya Media Inc.
- 119.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019, Himalaya Media Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Gift $1.99
- Gift $4.99
- Himalaya Podcast Premium $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.