Hi! Find your favorite podcasts, asmr, cnn & npr news, true crime shows, wondery shows, history channel, trivia, fresh air radio, by browsing through over 20+ million free episodes and 30 categories with this free podcast app.
You can also listen to podcasts on our website player: www.himalaya.com
WHY YOU NEED THIS PODCAST APP
Stay connected - streamline all your favorite podcasts into one app for free.
Stay informed - stay up to date on the top podcasts for shows, news and radio.
Stay entertained - listen to millions of popular podcasts. Even listen until you fall asleep with our podcast sleep timer feature.
Discover your next favorite podcast with expert podcast recommendations based on your usage. Stream podcasts or download episodes for free so you can listen to the latest podcasts offline at your convenience.
Best alternative of Stitcher, Overcast, Castbox, NPR one, iHeartradio, Blinkist and Spotify.
• Free podcast player perfect for your commute, workout, chores, lunch break and more
• Play podcasts while you fall asleep. Set a timer and listen as you doze off.
• Create your own playlists and share your favorite podcasts with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Messenger, Line, Email & more.
• Free podcast maker. Dive into the world of podcasting yourself! Aspiring podcasters can create podcasts and share with the world! Visit himalaya.fm himalaya.com for details.
• Free high quality audio stream with no banner ads
• Personalized homepage with latest episodes of all your favorite podcasts and live radio
• Easily discover new shows, episodes and am fm radio
• Browse by categories, featured and top charts
• Browse listening history
• Search for episodes and shows in English, Chinese & Japanese
• Keep all your favorite podcasts in one app with the import from Overcast, Pocket Cast, Apple Podcast, and more!
HIMALAYA IS HOME TO
- TED Talks
- Wattpad shows
- L.A Times
- Joe Rogan, Wondery
- The New York Times
- Dirty John
- Bag Man
- The Joe Rogan Experience
- Dr. Death
- The Daily
- Serial: This American Life
- True crime radio
- BBC podcasts
- NPR podcasts
- CNN podcasts
- Comedy podcasts
- Educational podcasts
- Political podcasts and many more!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Best podcast app out there. Excellent features and friendly interface”
“I am listening to podcasts as I wean myself off the need to be entertained to fall asleep. I love that I can get rid of the blue light and have a dark sleeping space and still hear episodes.”
“I love this app and use it every day. Has a huge variety of everything. Am so glad I found Himalaya! Thank you, you're awesome!”
Tell us why you love Himalaya!
1. Improved experiences for listening to premium content.
2. Support in app purchase of premium content.
Ratings and Reviews
So close to being so good
Switched over to exclusively using Himalaya over the Apple podcast app because it had become too frustrating to navigate. I like the app overall, but there are a few bugs that are driving me nuts. First, it crashes constantly. Usually while I’m trying to search for a new podcast or browsing discover to find a new podcast. Second, it will randomly start an episode in the middle when I’ve never listened to that episode before. This makes it a little difficult to distinguish if I’ve already started listening to something and moved on, or if it’s just the weird glitch and I should just restart the episode. Besides those two issues though I really like this app and the way it’s setup. It’s easy to find things and to get to new episodes, and I’ve officially switched over all my podcast listening to this platform. Wish it was slightly better, hoping there will be more updates that hammer out these minor flaws in what seems to be a promising app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your support. These two problems will be fixed in the next version.
Looks great, doesn’t work
I really want to love this app. The UI is beautiful and seamless. However, it suffers from several problems that make the app almost unusable. For one, the time bar on the lock screen or control center is always wrong. Himalaya can say a podcast is 60 min, but the slider on the lock screen only goes up to 30 min, making it impossible to scrub to a later part of an episode outside of the Himalaya app. More recently, the app sometimes just stops showing any information at all. All the shows in my library and the explore page are still there, but clicking on any podcast just says there’s no episodes. In combination, these issues make the app largely unusable. I really love the appearance of the app, as well as the largest library I’ve seen outside of the Apple Podcasts app, but I can’t recommend it until these bugs are gone.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your support! We always welcome suggestions. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our engineers will definitely try to accommodate changes moving forward to resolve these issues. We truly value your feedback!
I really want to like this app
...but I keep going back to stitcher because there are some basic features that seem to be missing from Himalayas (or I'm just not finding them or setting it up correctly?):
1. What's the point of creating playlists if you have to create new lists or edit existing ones to get new episodes? Maybe I'm not doing something right but all of my stitcher playlists automatically update, downloading new episodes the moment they're released.
2. I have my Himalaya app set to automatically download new episodes of the shows I'm following but it never does (and I don't need the past 3 episodes. Just the most recent).
3. Maybe my fingertips are too big but it always takes me several attempts to actually hit the "download" symbol because much of the time it just starts playing the show instead. I have to very careful touch the icon for it to work.
I REALLY want to like this app. I like being able to more directly give support for my favorite shows, but if it takes me 30 minutes every morning just to set things up, manually download shows, edit playlists, I'm going to have to stay with Stitcher. 😕
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your support! We apologize for the inconvenience. Our engineers will definitely take a look at that and accommodate changes moving forward to resolve these issues. We truly value your feedback!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Himalaya Media Inc.
- 124.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019, Himalaya Media Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Gift $4.99
- Himalaya Podcast Premium $0.99
- Gift $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.