Go digital with the #1 rated childcare app! Complete your preschool daily reports, schedules, attendance, check-ins and meal planning in half the time. Send parents daily sheets, pictures, videos and invoices they will love. Easily align lesson planning and development observations with your curriculum or guidelines. Download today and feel the freedom of being binder-less!
Here is what one of our thousands of happy directors had to say about HiMama:
"HiMama has become a huge asset for our school! Parents love the photos, and daily reports. Teachers all agree that it is extremely easy to use and replaces piles of paperwork."
Best of all, HiMama is an all-in-one solution with every feature you need to run your center effectively.
CHILDCARE DAILY DOCUMENTATION
• Daily reports - Fill out meals, snacks, sleep checks, toileting, activities and observations, medication and mood for individual children or multiple children at a time
• Flexible activity planning - Schedule activities and lessons on-the-fly or months in advance
• Attendance - Check-in children, record drop-off and pick-up times
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Photo and video observations - Tag real-time observations with images from the classroom
• Internal development reports - Follow a child’s development across developmental domains, skills and indicators
• Framework and curriculum alignment - Customized to fit your state or province’s early learning guidelines and compatible with Reggio-inspired, play-based, emergent, Montessori, and traditional programs
PARENT ENGAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION
• App parent portal - Parents can view photos, videos, daily reports and schedules, update their child’s information, and message educators in their own private, secure account.
• Real-time photo sharing - Parents can receive timely updates throughout the day
• Email, text, and in-app communication - Send messages, alerts and reminders to individual parents or an entire room
DIRECTOR AND ADMINISTRATOR FEATURES
• Attendance - Record absences and have oversight into check-in, check-out times
• Classroom reports - Ensure your preschool is running smoothly with attendance, sleep check, meal, toileting, and activity reports
• Parent and child information - Directors or parents can update contact, emergency, allergies and health information
• Menu planning - Input meal and snack schedule for parents to view and educators to use in daily reporting
• Enrollment management - View upcoming, current and graduated children, and schedule rotation
HiMama is secure, reliable and easy to use. All of the childcare center’s information is backed-up and synced, and can be accessed through any of our apps and our website.
We have a friendly customer support team that would be happy to answer your questions, which you can reach by phone (1-800-905-1876) or email (email@example.com).
Ratings and Reviews
Please, please rename
The app loads slowly and updates slowly. The daycare center instance of it only loads at all maybe 20% of the time, leaving the teachers responsible for trying again and again after drop off to get it working.
ETA: another major miss is that unlike virtually every other childcare app out there, updates in the app don’t have times attached. So if the caregiver doesn’t have time/forgets to add the time manually, the update appears without a time. The whole point of knowing that your kid has eaten or napped is knowing when it happened, so you can plan the evening. Very strange that this common feature is absent.
Also the title is ridiculous. Fathers provide a substantial amount of childcare, including being on call for childcare-related contacts during the day - the implication that it’s always the mother is archaic and silly. I wish my center would use another app.
What’s the point?
My daycare uses this app to provide updates on the children in their care, but the information is only received by the parent after the daily report is finalized (when child is picked up). So, what’s the point? The app should be providing up to the minute information to the parent as the daycare staff are entering the information. It’s nice to know what has gone on during the day, but it’s annoying to only find out when I pick him up after work. At that point I may as well be getting a paper report and asking his teacher about his day.
As a small daycare provider, this app is amazing! It saves me so much time being able to log almost everything in one place, on my phone. My families have all have great feedback and said they love it, too. The only thing it’s lacking is the ability to generate a master report on who did/ate what, each day, for the teacher. I would like to be able to use it to record meals, but I can’t, at least not easily.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.