HipChat - Group chat, video & file share
By HipChat, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bring your team to life with HipChat - a messaging app built and designed for team communication and collaboration. With HipChat, you can do video chat, send group message, send 1:1 message, share files, integrate with your favorite products, and more
* HipChat for Apple Watch is here
* Collaborate with coworkers, teammates and friends around projects, campaigns and ideas
* Group or 1:1 chat with your team and colleagues. Be more productive. Faster than email
* Stay in touch with 1:1 video and voice chat
* HipChat is private, safe and secure
* 1 to 1 screen sharing capabilities to share what you're working on
* Easily share and view files and images
* View over 35+ different file types within the iOS client
* Create unlimited rooms and 1:1 conversations
* Complete chat history saves your conversations so you can always search for them
* Works with >50 integrations including Twitter, Trello, Asana, Google Hangouts and more
* Never miss a beat with email and mobile push notifications when you're away
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING:
"We use HipChat, not just for our work, but to foster the spirit of a great tech culture." -Gilt Groupe
"Face-to-face communication is ideal, but not always possible for us. Instead we rely on
"HipChat keeps everyone up-to-date and accountable" -Aeria Games
GET IT NOW:
* Check out at Hipchat.com/downloads
* Need an account? Signing up is free and easy at HipChat.com
What's New in Version 3.3.0
New: Take and upload avatar photos right from within your Profile. #selfie
New: Network status banner to let you know when you're not connected.
New: Bought a vintage Apple jacket.
Improved: Server re-connection logic. Elevators and trains are no match for HipChat.
Improved: Performance on loading chats when resuming HipChat from the background.
Improved: Image uploads now show progress and are cancellable.
Improved: Performance on searching for rooms and people to chat with.
Fixed: Share extension send button not enabling when sharing both text & image.
Useless Security Risk
I logged in and the app is totally unresponsive. Desktop app is great, this is just a sad, useless version of that. None of the buttons or text fields respond to my touch after logging in. It even asks to save my pass in 1Password which I don't even have. After force killing, my rooms showed up, but after tapping a room the app just freezes. No loading indicator, and nothing happens. Complete garbage app. Embarrassing that atlassian put their name on this. Days after logging off the app is still sending me push notifications, leaking confidential information. It's clear there is no quality bar in the HipChat org since its insecure and incredibly unreliable.
Not sure why there are complaints; after dl'ing the app and restarting my phone (which should be done after installing any app) HipChat works seamlessly. I just started using HC with my company and so far it's been great.
Horrible, Slow App
This app barely works. It never shows open conversations, completely hangs at times, takes a minute or so to load a conversation, and then sometimes just completely stops working.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 14, 2015
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 43.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: HipChat, Inc
- © 2015 Atlassian, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.