HipChat - Group chat, video & file share
By HipChat, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Great teams use HipChat. Stop losing momentum with reply-to-all wars and buried emails. HipChat gives you group chat, 1-to-1 messaging, file sharing, and powerful integrations with your favorite tools.
With HipChat, you can quickly connect directly with the person you need, regardless of where they are. Enterprise chat provides real-time communication, and with HipChat, you can chat seamlessly from desktop and mobile.
HipChat integrations feeds you information from third-party tools that you use every day. You won’t miss a beat, and you won’t have to juggle a bunch of other apps to monitor your business or your project.
Integrations put updates and info right into HipChat from Atlassian products like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence as well as from third-party services like Asana, Google Drive & Calendar, Trello, Twitter, Zendesk, and more.
Build team culture with custom emoticons and sharing of animated GIFs at just the right moment. Business chat solutions don’t have to be all suits and ties.
• Unlimited group chat rooms
• Unlimited 1-to-1 chats
• File sharing, with the ability to view over 35 file types within HipChat
• Secure guest access
• Searchable chat history
• Secure and private
• More than 200 bots and integrations
• Custom emoticons
• Email and push notifications so you stay in the know while on the go
• Connect to HipChat cloud or your company’s self-hosted HipChat server
• Time travel: just kidding–but having a fully searchable chat history is sort of like time travel.
CUSTOMERS LOVE HIPCHAT
“We use HipChat, not just for our work, but to foster the spirit of a great tech culture.”
– Gilt Groupe
“Face-to-face communication is ideal, but not always possible for us. Instead we rely on HipChat.”
“HipChat keeps everyone up-to-date and accountable.”
– Aeria Games
HipChat is brought to you by Atlassian, makers of the popular Confluence collaboration tool; ticketing and workflow tools JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Core; and developer tools like Bitbucket, SourceTree, and Bamboo.
Download the app and see how (awesome) your team can be.
What's New in Version 3.15.1
- Fixed: A crash could occur when loading history.
- Fixed for iOS10: Launching from a push notification now goes to the right chat.
- Fixed for iOS10: Sometimes instead of uploading a file, the app would crash instead of cooperate. We whipped it back into shape.
- Fixed for iOS10: Profile cards used to be transparent, though they weren't supposed to be. Now they look the way the good UX designers intended.
- For larger teams, you'll notice a significant improvement in performance.
- Many other crash fixes. Crashapalooza is over.
- Now send messages even faster with quick replies from notifications in iOS9 and iOS10! And it works on both your phone and Apple Watch, so you can reply even if you're in the middle of skydiving.
- Spotlight search now indexes your people and rooms from your open chats, so you can launch directly into them by searching them. No more tedious scrolling through your chat list.
- Using force touch on the home screen icon reveals shortcuts to open your three most recent chats.
- Clicking JIRA and Confluence links within HipChat will open the JIRA and Confluence apps.
- Swipe from the right edge to cycle through your unread chats. It's not just for dating apps anymore!
- We put in an integrated NPS survey, so you can let us know how we're doing!
I'd give it no stars if I could
The notification approach to this app is horrendous, you get all messages from individual users pushed to your phone, but group messages don't show any notifications at all.
The messages you do see pop up don't remain highlighted after you open the phone, so if you fail to read it on the lock screen, good luck finding who the message was from in the app. Even if you turn off the screen notification you still can't see who sent the message, only that there is one!!!!!
I have 28 users in my company, time to change services
Does what I need
This works fine for basic communication with my team in rooms and private messages.
The enhancement that lets me respond from a lock screen alert doesn't seem to work. A few seconds after I send the reply I get a new alert "the message to (null) was not sent". You devs know what null means :)
I rarely write reviews, but this app is so bad that I feel compelled to write one. It crashes shortly after a slow start most of the time, even after upgrading to the latest version. The times that it didn't crash on startup it wouldn't be able to send message. Free apps such as Telegram are more reliable. Avoid Hipchat if you can.