HipChat - Group chat, video & file share
By HipChat, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Great teams use HipChat. Stop losing momentum with reply-to-all wars and buried emails. HipChat gives you group chat, 1-to-1 messaging, video chat, screen sharing, file sharing, and powerful integrations with your favorite tools.
With HipChat, you can quickly connect directly with the person you need, regardless of where they are. Enterprise chat provides real-time communication, and with HipChat, you can chat seamlessly from desktop and mobile.
And with integrations, HipChat feeds you information from third-party tools that you use every day. You won’t miss a beat, and you won’t have to juggle a bunch of other apps to monitor your business or your project.
Integrations put updates and info right into HipChat from Atlassian products like JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence as well as from third-party services like Twitter, Trello, Asana, Google Hangouts, Heroku, Zendesk, Mailchimp, and more.
Build team culture with custom emoticons and sharing of animated GIFs at just the right moment. Corporate chat solutions don’t have to be all suits and ties.
• Unlimited group chat rooms
• Unlimited 1-to-1 chats
• 1-to-1 video calls
• 1-to-1 voice calls
• 1-to-1 screen sharing
• File sharing, with the ability to view over 35 file types within HipChat
• Secure guest access
• Searchable chat history
• Secure and private
• Apple Watch app
• More than 50 bots and integrations
• Custom emoticons
• Email and push notifications so you stay in the know while on the go
• Connect to HipChat cloud or your company’s self-hosted HipChat server
• Time travel: just kidding–but having a fully searchable chat history is sort of like time travel.
CUSTOMERS LOVE HIPCHAT
“We use HipChat, not just for our work, but to foster the spirit of a great tech culture.”
– Gilt Groupe
“Face-to-face communication is ideal, but not always possible for us. Instead we rely on HipChat.”
“HipChat keeps everyone up-to-date and accountable.”
– Aeria Games
HipChat is brought to you by Atlassian, makers of the popular Confluence collaboration tool; ticketing and workflow tools JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Core; and developer tools like Bitbucket, SourceTree, and Bamboo.
Download the app and see how (awesome) your team can be.
What's New in Version 3.10.0
• New: Unread chats indicator in active chats list.
• New: Animated avatars!
• Improved: Better keyboard handling after sending a message.
• Improved: GIFs animate more efficiently.
• Fixed: Chat could crash when inserting messages.
• Fixed: Emoticons and images could occasionally vanish when you join a room.
• Fixed: A crash could occur loading messages with emoticons.
• Fixed: A crash could occur when rendering images.
• Fixed: Active chats list could get out of order.
• Fixed: A crash could occur when starting new chats.
• Fixed: A crash could occasionally occur when receiving a message.
• Fixed: Graphic to show that an image failed to download is back.
• Fixed: A crash could occur when uploading a file.
• Fixed: Several other random crashes.
The “new chat experience” definitely gives a new experience… in how incompetent clowns can create crap software that doesn’t work. I updated the app and it hangs. Killed it and loaded it again, it hung again. Uninstalled and reinstalled, thinking these dumb dumbs probably don’t know how to migrate from version to version and it still hangs. Looks like all touch interaction is disabled which makes the app unusable. How can this be released? Did no one look at this even once before shipping? How am I supposed to get work done now? Oh, right, Slack!
Notifications don't work
I've yet to receive any notifications, push or otherwise, which means I have to guess if someone is trying to reach me. I've tried fiddling with all the notification settings with no success.
Worse, the app apparently counts me as being "online" and won't always send me email alerts either, meaning I can get a 1-to-1 message and never see it unless I happen to open that conversation later.
Does not support Quick Reply
It is inexcusable that, Slack, Facebook Messenger, and Skype all support quick reply while Hipchat does not. Why should I have to actually open the app to reply to a message when iOS 9?
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 27, 2016
- Version: 3.10.0
- Size: 68.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: HipChat, Inc
- © 2015 Atlassian, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.