HipChat - Group chat, video & file share
By HipChat, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bring your team to life with HipChat - a messaging app built and designed for team communication and collaboration. With HipChat, you can do video chat, send group message, send 1:1 message, share files, integrate with your favorite products, and more
* HipChat for Apple Watch is here
* Collaborate with coworkers, teammates and friends around projects, campaigns and ideas
* Group or 1:1 chat with your team and colleagues. Be more productive. Faster than email
* Stay in touch with 1:1 video and voice chat
* HipChat is private, safe and secure
* 1 to 1 screen sharing capabilities to share what you're working on
* Easily share and view files and images
* View over 35+ different file types within the iOS client
* Create unlimited rooms and 1:1 conversations
* Complete chat history saves your conversations so you can always search for them
* Works with >50 integrations including Twitter, Trello, Asana, Google Hangouts and more
* Never miss a beat with email and mobile push notifications when you're away
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING:
"We use HipChat, not just for our work, but to foster the spirit of a great tech culture." -Gilt Groupe
"Face-to-face communication is ideal, but not always possible for us. Instead we rely on
"HipChat keeps everyone up-to-date and accountable" -Aeria Games
GET IT NOW:
* Check out at Hipchat.com/downloads
* Need an account? Signing up is free and easy at HipChat.com
What's New in Version 3.2.1
New: Compression! Using the latest Pied Piper technology, data transfer will now use ~ 3x less bandwidth. That means faster startups and less waiting.
Fixed: Opening the app after closing chats on another client will no longer crash. Subtraction is hard.
Fixed: The order of your chats should now match the order you set on a desktop client. I before E except after C, got it now.
Fixed: Opening the app from a push notification when using HipChat server will no longer crash.
So many problems
Unfortunately this app is the only way to get hipchat on the phone. It has so many problems:
1. It shows hundreds of messages in the badge even though I've only got one new one.
2. When notifications come in I open the app and there is no indication of who it's from. I have to guess or remember which conversation it was.
3. It is soooo slow. Many times message writing is so unresponsive, it takes several seconds for each character to appear.
4. Sometimes I try to type a message but the message area is behind the keyboard and I can't see the message nor click send.
5. Sometimes conversations do a user don't load. It just looks blank.
6. I cannot control the order of the people/rooms.
Basically it's a really poor representation of the service and sadly the app is the only way to access hipchat on iPhone. I have an iPhone 4s with os7. I have no problems with any other app. I'll have to delete this and tell my work buddies to just email me!
Worst App On My Phone
This is honestly the worst app I've had to use. If I didn't need it for work, I would delete it in a heartbeat.
It is absurdly slow to load and super laggy to type on. It can take five minutes from opening the app to being able to even be able to *start* typing out a message, and then you're looking at another couple minutes as it slowly thinks about each and every letter.
Additionally, actually receiving notifications is a complete game of chance, sometimes you will, sometimes you won't. Only way to ensure receipt is by keeping the app open and your phone on 24/7, which is clearly not at all possible.
All-in-all, terrible product whose only redeeming factor are the customizable emojis.
Wow! All I gotta say is GREAT APP! These developers really know what they're doing over there. Now I can keep in contact with all my college friends and colleagues and have fun doing so. It's a must have!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 25, 2015
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 27.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: HipChat, Inc
- © 2015 Atlassian, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.