HipChat - Group chat, video & file share
By HipChat, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bring your team to life with HipChat - a messaging app built and designed for team communication and collaboration. With HipChat, you can do video chat, send group message, send 1:1 message, share files, integrate with your favorite products, and more
* HipChat for Apple Watch is here
* Collaborate with coworkers, teammates and friends around projects, campaigns and ideas
* Group or 1:1 chat with your team and colleagues. Be more productive. Faster than email
* Stay in touch with 1:1 video and voice chat
* HipChat is private, safe and secure
* 1 to 1 screen sharing capabilities to share what you're working on
* Easily share and view files and images
* View over 35+ different file types within the iOS client
* Create unlimited rooms and 1:1 conversations
* Complete chat history saves your conversations so you can always search for them
* Works with >50 integrations including Twitter, Trello, Asana, Google Hangouts and more
* Never miss a beat with email and mobile push notifications when you're away
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING:
"We use HipChat, not just for our work, but to foster the spirit of a great tech culture." -Gilt Groupe
"Face-to-face communication is ideal, but not always possible for us. Instead we rely on
"HipChat keeps everyone up-to-date and accountable" -Aeria Games
GET IT NOW:
* Check out at Hipchat.com/downloads
* Need an account? Signing up is free and easy at HipChat.com
What's New in Version 3.3.1
Improved: Chat message cache has been improved to get messages on screen faster.
Fixed: External keyboard shortcuts will no longer interfere with typing the '/' key into chat on iOS 9.
Fixed: Message input bar no longer floats in the middle of the screen. That Wingardium Leviosa got away from us.
Fixed: Push notifications no longer sent after signing out.
Fixed: Avatar upload options now work on iPad.
Fixed: Unread messages badge appearing blue when no mentions were received.
Fixed: Several performance and crash fixes.
Gets the job done
Some reviews on the iPhone app seem overly harsh. This is not that terrible of an app, people. It gets the job done. I can message people without issue. The notifications work great (doesn't show me notifications if I'm on my computer...does otherwise). There are a few quirks here and there, but overall if you're a HipChat user, you'll be happy with the iPhone app.
No notifications to phone if logged onto desktop
If I ever leave the office and forget the hipchat desktop client running, then I don't get notifications on my phone. They really need to work that out, I understand that this is done to prevent annoying double notifications when you're on your computer. Perhaps add an option to enable notifications to both? Or create a time out, when desktop is idle/in screensaver then send notifications to mobile.
I regularly find myself uninstalling this app when I am not at work. Although I sign out, my phone still receives notifications & alerts from HipChat. How could I be receiving alerts if I am supposedly signed out?
I understand there are additional challenges when designing a mobile app, but some fundamental functionality is really lacking.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Aug 06, 2015
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 44.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: HipChat, Inc
- © 2015 Atlassian, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.