HippoRemote LITE ~ Wireless Keyboard, Mouse & Remote Control
By RoboHippo LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
WHAT IS HIPPOREMOTE?
Control your computer with a wave of your hand or a flick of your finger! Impress your audience at speaking engagements or just veg out on the couch.
HippoRemote LITE turns your iPhone and iPod touch into a Wi-Fi keyboard and trackpad, making it a perfect pocket-sized controller for a living room, conference room, or classroom computer.
You can do everything a physical keyboard and mouse can do. Making it great for controlling your HTPC, your classroom interactive whiteboard, or your Keynote or Powerpoint presentation.
And because it works over Wi-Fi, you get superior range and performance compared to other wireless technologies without extra dongles or expensive adapters.
• Multi-touch Trackpad: Multi-touch gestures up to 4 fingers, including 2-finger scrolling and pinch-to-zoom.
• Intelligent Keyboard: Remembers your typing history so you can autocomplete with a single tap.
• International Characters: Full keyboard support for international characters.
• Thumb Scrolling: Makes precision scrolling a breeze!
• Split-screen Mode: Simultaneous keyboard and trackpad access.
• Wake-on-LAN: Turn on your computer from your couch.
HippoRemote Pro adds a number of premium features, including:
• App Profiles: Controls and buttons customized for your apps. We have 60+ profiles in our library and new ones are added all the time. You can even customize existing profiles or create your own with the built-in profile editor!
• Auto App Switching: Launch or switch between programs with a single tap.
• Login & Password Manager: One tap to auto-fill login information for your favorite web sites.
• Macros: Create and store your favorite shortcuts for one-touch access.
• Pause on Call: Automatically pause what's playing when you receive a phone call.
• Proximity Sensor: Turn off the screen to conserve battery.
• Integrated Web Browser: Surf the web, update Facebook, check sports scores, and more, without switching apps and without interrupting what's playing on your computer.
• Boxee/Plex/XBMC Gesture Pad - Control Boxee, Plex and XBMC with flicks and swipes.
* iOS 4.0 or greater.
* Wi-Fi network.
* Windows, Mac, or Linux PC to control.
* Visit http://hipporemote.com/setup to find step-by-step setup instructions for Windows, Macs, and Linux PCs.
* For Macs and Windows PC, we recommend installing our HippoVNC helper application.
* HippoRemote can also work by enabling Screen Sharing on Macs or installing a VNC server on Windows & Linux PCs.
* If you run into any problems, email us at email@example.com. We're quick to help!
* Please don't ask us questions in an iTunes review. We have no way of contacting you to respond to your issue.
What's New in Version 2.4
- Updated for iPhone 5 and iOS 6. (Now requires iOS 4.3 or newer)
- Connections using IP addresses can now be given friendlier names.
- Performance improvements.
- Bug fixes.
I use my 42" HDTV as a monitor for mu laptop most of the time when I'm home. I hate to sit 2 feet away from the TV all the time, this lets me surf and do most other tasks from my couch or even from outside. PAY THE $1.99 TO REMOVE ADS. It doesn't give you the full version but you do get important extra functionality.
Great UI for doing most tasks you would use your trackpad/keyboard for. Anything it doesn't have can be programmed as a macros. Common tasks (undo, search, close window, new tab, etc.) can be programmed to work with a single button press. I personally set mine up as a remote for the media player.
Defiantly recommend setting up as a service. Just open your "show hidden icons" tab on the desktop task bar then right click on the Hippo icon. Select "install service" and Hippo will run automatically when you boot up your PC. This was a little tricky since their tutorial uses windows xp and its a bit different with Win 7/8.
Long live open source!!!
Ok I just discovered this app earlier today and I must say I'm very impressed! It's very user friendly and intuitive. The ease of how your able to navigate through your PC from a distance is most satisfying. I love how it's connected through a VNC instead of using additional software too. There's other software you have to pay for out there that aren't as good as this! I do however recommend you pay the $1.99 for no ads as you get a little more flexibility with buttons you can customize with specific commands. My only gripe is that so far I don't seem to be able to program a button command that accesses the volume control of my PC outright. All in all though, I highly recommend this app to anyone who wants to control their computer (wether Windows, Mac, or Linux) remotely from a distance.
Best free app
For a free app, this one is top notch. I love it and use it for presentations and for when I hook up my laptop to my HDTV. It's perfect for my remote needs and it's free. Seriously awesome as a matter of fact, I'm using it right now to write this review.
the lite version does everything a normal user would ever want, the pro version adds more power to an already powerful tool. I just had my cousin throw away his 90 dollar wireless keyboard and mouse by using this thing and I'm starting to get my co workers to do the same for their presentations. even my boss asked me about it when I have my last presentation and was impressed.
seriously get this app. it will you best move ever.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 05, 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RoboHippo LLC
- © Copyright 2012 RoboHippo LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$1.99