HippoRemote LITE ~ Wireless Keyboard, Mouse & Remote Control
By RoboHippo LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
WHAT IS HIPPOREMOTE?
Control your computer with a wave of your hand or a flick of your finger! Impress your audience at speaking engagements or just veg out on the couch.
HippoRemote LITE turns your iPhone and iPod touch into a Wi-Fi keyboard and trackpad, making it a perfect pocket-sized controller for a living room, conference room, or classroom computer.
You can do everything a physical keyboard and mouse can do. Making it great for controlling your HTPC, your classroom interactive whiteboard, or your Keynote or Powerpoint presentation.
And because it works over Wi-Fi, you get superior range and performance compared to other wireless technologies without extra dongles or expensive adapters.
• Multi-touch Trackpad: Multi-touch gestures up to 4 fingers, including 2-finger scrolling and pinch-to-zoom.
• Intelligent Keyboard: Remembers your typing history so you can autocomplete with a single tap.
• International Characters: Full keyboard support for international characters.
• Thumb Scrolling: Makes precision scrolling a breeze!
• Split-screen Mode: Simultaneous keyboard and trackpad access.
• Wake-on-LAN: Turn on your computer from your couch.
HippoRemote Pro adds a number of premium features, including:
• App Profiles: Controls and buttons customized for your apps. We have 60+ profiles in our library and new ones are added all the time. You can even customize existing profiles or create your own with the built-in profile editor!
• Auto App Switching: Launch or switch between programs with a single tap.
• Login & Password Manager: One tap to auto-fill login information for your favorite web sites.
• Macros: Create and store your favorite shortcuts for one-touch access.
• Pause on Call: Automatically pause what's playing when you receive a phone call.
• Proximity Sensor: Turn off the screen to conserve battery.
• Integrated Web Browser: Surf the web, update Facebook, check sports scores, and more, without switching apps and without interrupting what's playing on your computer.
• Boxee/Plex/XBMC Gesture Pad - Control Boxee, Plex and XBMC with flicks and swipes.
* iOS 4.0 or greater.
* Wi-Fi network.
* Windows, Mac, or Linux PC to control.
* Visit http://hipporemote.com/setup to find step-by-step setup instructions for Windows, Macs, and Linux PCs.
* For Macs and Windows PC, we recommend installing our HippoVNC helper application.
* HippoRemote can also work by enabling Screen Sharing on Macs or installing a VNC server on Windows & Linux PCs.
* If you run into any problems, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're quick to help!
* Please don't ask us questions in an iTunes review. We have no way of contacting you to respond to your issue.
What's New in Version 2.4
- Updated for iPhone 5 and iOS 6. (Now requires iOS 4.3 or newer)
- Connections using IP addresses can now be given friendlier names.
- Performance improvements.
- Bug fixes.
Caution. Caused my iMac to freak out.
I was very excited.
Remote control from my iPhone - sounded awesome!
So I downloaded this app and the corresponding download onto my iMac to make sure everything was in accordance with their set-up instructions.
So as instructed I Configured my Mac and download the HippoConnect on both my iPhone and iMac.
First off, I should note that my Mac said essentially, "don't" but I figured I just wouldn't put in any personal info and completely make up some random password... should be safe, right... here's where it gets weird.
My Mac has ALWAYS been smooth with no lag time between my cursor and whatever I'm doing (whether moving or enlarging windows around on the screen or right click-ing and scrolling through those desktop options: pretty basic stuff)
In short, I couldn't do any of that stuff without horrible lag time to the point where I couldn't even do some of the basic things I just listed.
It was kinda cool when my phone mirrored the cursor on the screen but the "disconnect" was so bad I uninstalled it off my Mac and iPhone asap.
I'm hoping in the morning (after a hard shut down and overnight rest) it will be like my same ol' smooth running iMac... hoping *fingers crossed*
It worked but not without totally freaking me out, we'll see in the morning :/
It's good but...
I really like using this app in my classroom. I can walk around and be engaged with my students while still accessing my interactive board. But it crashes every time I try to use the typing tool. I type maybe three letters and it crashes. I have to go back into the app, do a few more letters, and it crashes again. There hasn't been an update in years! It's like the developer(s) just gave up on it. I would rather pay for an app that gets updated regularly than use a free one that crashes. I would even pay for Hippo Remote if they would fix the crash issues.
Long live open source!!!
Ok I just discovered this app earlier today and I must say I'm very impressed! It's very user friendly and intuitive. The ease of how your able to navigate through your PC from a distance is most satisfying. I love how it's connected through a VNC instead of using additional software too. There's other software you have to pay for out there that aren't as good as this! I do however recommend you pay the $1.99 for no ads as you get a little more flexibility with buttons you can customize with specific commands. My only gripe is that so far I don't seem to be able to program a button command that accesses the volume control of my PC outright. All in all though, I highly recommend this app to anyone who wants to control their computer (wether Windows, Mac, or Linux) remotely from a distance.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 05, 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RoboHippo LLC
- © Copyright 2012 RoboHippo LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$1.99