HippoRemote Pro ~ Wireless Keyboard, Mouse, Remote Control & Gamepad
By RoboHippo LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
WHAT IS HIPPOREMOTE?
Control your computer with a wave of your hand or a flick of your finger! Impress your audience at speaking engagements or just veg out on the couch.
HippoRemote Pro turns your iPhone and iPod touch into a Wi-Fi keyboard, trackpad, and remote control, making it the perfect pocket-sized controller for your computer.
HippoRemote works great as a clicker for your Keynote or PowerPoint presentation. Or to control your classroom's interactive whiteboard.
In addition, like a high-end universal remote, you can customize the buttons and tailor them to specific apps. This makes it an ideal remote control for your HTPC, whether it's a Mac mini running Plex, a Windows PC running Windows Media Center, or a Linux box running XBMC.
HippoRemote Pro also has a gamepad mode, letting you control your favorite PC games.
And because it all works over Wi-Fi, you get superior range and no line-of-sight issues compared to traditional remotes. No extra dongles or expensive adapters required.
"We really, really love it."
“Pretty much the best iPhone wireless trackpad and keyboard you could ever want.”
"Hands-down, the best multi-purpose iPhone remote that I have found."
— Christina Warren, TUAW
"Simply fuss free, and perfect for your living room Mac mini."
— Pete Mortensen, Cult of Mac
"An absolute bargain."
— Adam Turner, Sydney Morning Herald
"The best touchpad, best keyboard, WMC specific keys and the most functionality."
— David Norman, Missing Remote
"I love HippoRemote!"
— Robert Heron, Tekzilla
• App Profiles: Custom controls for your favorite apps. There are 60+ profiles in our profile library, supporting popular apps like Boxee, EyeTV, Spotify, VLC, Winamp, and more. Visit http://hipporemote.com/profiles for the complete list.
• Profile Editor: Tweak existing profiles, or create brand new profiles, with the built-in editor.
• Dropbox Support: Sync your profiles across multiple devices via Dropbox.
• Multi-touch Trackpad: Multi-Touch gestures up to 4 fingers, including 2-finger scrolling and pinch-to-zoom.
• Keyboard History: Remembers what you've typed before so you can autocomplete with a single tap.
• Thumb Scrolling: Makes precision scrolling a breeze!
• Auto App Switching: Launch or switch between programs with a single tap.
• Login Manager: One tap to auto-fill login information for your favorite web sites.
• Macros: Automate tasks by recording your own keyboard shortcuts.
• Pause on Call: Automatically pause what's playing when you receive a phone call.
• Proximity Sensor: Turn off the screen to conserve battery.
• Wake-on-LAN: Turn on your computer from your couch.
• Background Multitasking: Stay connected in the background for up to 10 minutes.
• Integrated Web Browser: Surf the web, update Facebook, check sports scores, and more, without switching apps and without interrupting what's playing.
• Boxee/Plex/XBMC GesturePad: Tired of buttons? Control Boxee, Plex, and XBMC with flicks and swipes.
• GamePad: Handles all your favorite PC games, including ones that require simultaneous keyboard and mouse input.
* Try the keyboard and trackpad for free with HippoRemote LITE.
* Upgrade to Pro for App Profiles and other premium features.
* iOS 4.0 or greater.
* Wi-Fi network.
* Windows, Mac, or Linux PC to control.
* Visit http://hipporemote.com/setup to find step-by-step setup instructions for Windows, Macs, and Linux PCs.
* For Macs and Windows PC, we recommend installing our HippoVNC helper application.
* HippoRemote can also work by enabling Screen Sharing on Macs or installing a VNC server on Windows & Linux PCs.
* If you run into any problems, email us at email@example.com. We're quick to help!
* Please don't ask us questions in an iTunes review. We have no way of contacting you to respond to your issue.
What's New in Version 3.4
- Update for iPhone 5 and iOS 6. (Now requires iOS 4.3 or newer)
- Connections using IP addresses can now be given friendlier names.
- Support for upside-down orientation. (For our friends with IR dongles)
- Performance improvements.
- Bug fixes.
The Best App Ever.
This app is nearly perfect. Everything works brilliantly. Never been happier to pay for the full version of an app. And the auto-pause on incoming calls is an unexpected touch of frickin' genius! Thank you ever so much for this marvelous work of art.
My one TINY complaint is that when you select an application, HR launches a new instance, even if the application is already open, which is a bit annoying if you use HR for multiple things (e.g., iTunes and Netflix). It is easy enough to permanently disable this behavior on a per-application basis once you figure out how to access the advanced editor, but a Settings menu option to globally disable it would be far easier.
Notwithstanding this minor issue (which is a personal UX preference, not a bug), my experience with this app is that it is reliable and full-featured, and perfect for a post-appliance world in which the computer is the entertainment center and the phone is the remote. Outstanding work. Cheers!
Best remote app ever
I wrote a review for the free version and will reiterate in this one this is the ONLY APP I HAVE EVER PURCHACED, and I did so when it was $4.99 but I woul gladly pay $9.99 for it the ability to not only make your own remotes and gamepads but to also edit premade ones to your liking make this hands down the best remote app there is the fact that it works over vnc so works on all my computers windows Mac and Linux as well as my rooted tablet and old jailbroken phone that I have hooked up to various tvs because I'm too cheep for a chrome cast and I like to recycle
Anyway long story short
BUY THIS APP!!!!!!!!!!
Such an amazing app! Worth it but....
In the past few months the use of my remote has experienced unexpected crashes. Never have I encountered an issues with this app until now. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple time in an attempt to correct the issue but to no avail. Hope that an update might fix that soon. Running on an iPhone 7 plus transmitting to Windows 7.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 05, 2012
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RoboHippo LLC
- © Copyright 2012 RoboHippo LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.