Hipstamatic is a world-class photography app and Apple’s original App of the Year!
Shoot beautiful authentic photography and become part of the world’s most creative community, exclusively on iPhone.
• Apple’s very first App of the Year
• The original photo filter app
• The inventor of square filtered mobile photos
• Plus, all of the features below :-)
Digital photography has never looked so analog. Shooting Classic provides beautifully rendered skeuomorphic cameras that transform your experience as you swipe through lenses, flashes, and films.
■ Use Multiple Exposure to shoot multiple images in one shot and get amazing artistic results ■
For the mobile photographer looking for a minimal capture interface with maximum control, shooting Pro gives you ultimate creative control.
■ Manually control focus, white balance, exposure, shutter speed, ISO, and aspect ratio ■
DARKROOM EDITING SUITE
A full editing suite including over 20 professional adjustment tools and 12 signature presets.
• Classic Lens, Film, and Flash
• Straighten & Rotate
• Curves (RGB + Red + Green + Blue)
• Depth of field
• Before & After view by holding down image in edit view
• Undo & Redo by swiping left and right
■ Choose the overall mood of your image with Hipstamatic's signature Lenses, Films, and Flashes, then fine tune with extensive editing tools ■
Create your own Favorite Presets and even share your signature look with others. If you are looking for inspiration hit the shuffle button and explore a world of serendipitous beauty.
• 12 World-class presets
• Customize and edit presets
• Save new presets
• Presets are synchronized across your devices with iCloud
• Share any favorite preset with other photographers
■ Define your signature looks, then quickly apply them to your photos with Copy/Paste support ■
Hipstamatic is fully synchronized with your photo library. Tap on any photo to instantly edit it, and see and organize your photos in either Hipstamatic or Apple Photos.
• Runs natively on iPhone and iPad
• No need to import, just tap and edit
• Quickly Favorite or Delete photos
• Always full resolution
• Save as Separate Files (default) and keep your originals untouched
• Save as non-destructive Versions and streamline your photos with the original safely embedded within the Hipstamatic version (works best with iCloud Photo Library)
• Browse folders created in the Photos app
• Fully synchronized with Photos app and iCloud Photo Library
• View detailed metadata
• View shared image details across social networks (likes, comments, etc.)
• Capture and edit in RAW format
■ Shoot on iPhone and edit on iPad with fully native support and synchronized Favorite Presets via iCloud ■
Browse amazing filter packs available for purchase via the In-App store created by the world’s most talented photo makers. Collaborations from top fashion and street photographers to famous artists like Salvador Dali with new packs available monthly.
Get real physical prints delivered straight to your door. We built this service in 2010 because no service would print square photos, and today PrintLab is still the best square format printing service in the world. Shipping to over 200 countries!
• Print Prints (4”, 7”, 10”)
• 30” Gallery Prints
• Aluminum Prints (10” or 20”)
• Birch Wood Prints (10” or 20”)
LET'S MAKE BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS TOGETHER
Help us make Hipstamatic the best app ever. Send your thoughts & comments to email@example.com or message us anywhere @Hipstamatic
Thanks and welcome to the HipstaFamily!
• New Cubism SnapPak! Capture the image from every angle with this new art-inspired combo
• Fix for a crash that could occur when viewing the photo library
• Fix crashes related to iOS 9
• Fix a bug that could cause the preview of an edited photo to look slightly different than the saved version
• Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Digital photography has never looked so analog.
From a Joy to a Chore
I’ve been using Hipstamatic for years, invested in a lot of the filters and have had nothing but a five star experience up until a few months ago. It seems to coincide with the release of iOS 11 and more importantly iPhone X. Since then, my go-to app for genuinely terrific photography has crashed, frozen, failed to save, etc. If the developer keeps crash reports, there’s got to be a whole library by now just for me given the number of times this app has let me down and yet I keep coming back to it.
I can echo a lot of recent reviews by saying “Come in guys...”. I understand the desire to make the software compatible with the newest technology but if it is at the expense of the experience of loyal users who have invested a great deal of time and more than a little money on extras, you’re not doing your due diligence when it comes to addressing issues with ‘recent’ technology.
I’ve hoped after every of the last 5 or so updates that the bugs would be quashed, yet in many cases the experience is worse rather than better. I’m hanging in there guys but please reward my and others patience with a functional app before we find something that doesn’t consume half our time retracing our steps over and over.
Thanks for your feedback. Happy to look into those crashes for you. If you have a moment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s OK... but can disappoint
As the overall 4.8 out of 5 rating indicates, this app has captured the hearts and imagination of a lot of folks... but the preponderance of recent reviews reflect my experience with both my iPhone8+ and iPad Pro... sadly,the app crashes at the most inconvenient moments. When the camera, lenses, films, and flashes work, the images can be stunningly satisfying... and editing images, with the options of changing lenses and films after the fact, is very nice... provided things don’t crash.
My recommendation is to go ahead and get the app, but don’t go crazy getting the add-on lenses, films and flashes until you get a sense of how the basic camera works on your device. Otherwise, you may find it incredibly frustrating to have spent money and time tooling-up and exploring the possibilities... only to end up with a crash-prone and buggy app.
On the good side: the developers seem to be available, and my experience with them has been quite positive. There’s a lot that must be going on “under the hood” of this app, and making every device play nice must be very difficult. We can only hope the crashes get fixed in the next update.
In-App PurchasesSee All
Ultra-wide angle kit
Cape Town HipstaPak
Inspired by the South African Coast
Hauntingly Beautiful Self-Portraits
Get your Taj on
Simulate the Camera Obscura
Kick-start your Hipstamatic gear collection
- Hipstamatic, LLC
- 131.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Hipstamatic, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Williamsburg Starter HipstaPak $0.99
- Portland HipstaPak $0.99
- Shibuya HipstaPak $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.