By Brainingcamp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everything you need for teaching and learning: (1) Narrated lesson (2) Practice questions (3) Virtual manipulative (4) Challenging game
★ TOPICS COVERED ★
1. Understand that a histogram is a type of graph that shows the frequency distribution of data within equal intervals
2. Create a frequency table from a set of data
3. Construct a histogram from a frequency table
4. Understand how to analyze a histogram
5. Know that the size of the intervals impacts the shape of the histogram
★ FEATURES ★
✔ Lesson with visual models and audio narration to make abstract concepts concrete
✔ Questions to practice what was learned
✔ Virtual manipulative for hands-on discovery learning
✔ Game to interactively apply understanding
✔ Alignment with state and Common Core standards
✔ Suitable for ages 9-14
What's New in Version 2.0.0
1. Digital pens for annotation
2. Badge system for achieving various goals
I tried this app to show my students how to do histograms, but it wouldn't let me enter any numbers greater than 99. When I tried the feedback button in the app, the email address it gave me was invalid. Don't buy this app!
Update: The developer is very responsive (once I found the correct email address). The app still doesn't meet the needs of anyone who has data values greater than 100, but the developer is good.
This app doesn't even let you make histograms!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 01, 2012
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brainingcamp, LLC
- © Brainingcamp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.