By Astrodantastic Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thank you to everyone who wrote me about the recent bug that cause the app to crash when viewing markers from the Historical Marker database. Version 3.4 should solve this problem!
Historical Markers displays the location and description of over 140,000 historic markers throughout North America. Access detailed plaque descriptions, photos, and links to online repositories of historical information. The app allows you to display markers near your current position or browse the entire marker catalog right on your device. Historical Markers contains thousands of markers with full plaque text from the Historical Marker Database (HMDB.org) as well as detailed place information for the entire U.S. National Registry of Historic Places.
Historical Markers is a perfect application for anyone interested in learning about the history around them, whether on travel or closer to home.
- Over 71,000 markers from the Historical Marker Database
- Over 76,000 markers from the U.S. National Registry of Historic Places
- Images of markers and surrounding areas
- GPS utility to display markers around your current location
- Text to speech engine to allow voice dictation of marker descriptions while on the road
- Area search for user specified address or city
- Comprehensive search utility to sort through markers
- Email marker information without leaving the app
- The ability to create a custom list of favorite markers
- Viewing history to help distinguish previously viewed markers
- Share favorited markers via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Offline database, allowing the app to work without an active data connection.
- User selectable search radius (for improved performance on older devices)
- Multithreading support for improved performance
- Native iPad support
Email us: email@example.com
Become a fan: http://www.facebook.com/historicalmarkersapp
Follow us: https://twitter.com/MarkersApp
I've implemented the ability to favorite individual markers and a feature to help distinguish previously viewed markers, as suggested in the reviews. If you would like to share more suggestions on how to improve the app, or if you encounter a bug, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet ideas and/or comments to @MarkersApp.
Also, please note that Historical Markers aggregates data from the Historical Marker Database and the U.S. National Registry of Historic Places. If a local marker is not in either of these databases, it will not appear in the app. If you would like to add a local marker to the Historical Marker Database, please visit http://www.hmdb.org. The ability to upload marker information and pictures directly from your iOS device is coming in a future release!
What's New in Version 3.4
- Fixed a major bug that would cause the app to crash when viewing markers from the Historical Marker database
- Various other minor bug fixes
- HMDB marker updates
- NRHP marker updates
The app is fixed and working great!
Looks like the v3.4 update fixed the bug that everyone has been reporting in the comments. I wrote the author last week and got an immediate response saying that he was working on a fix. Forutnetely, the update came in just in time for the 4th of July weekend! In any case, this is one of my favorite road trip apps and I can't recommend it enough. Please keep up the good work!
Works as advertised
Handy informational tool. Also, at one point there was a glitch, quick email response and problem solved.
The best of the historical marker apps!
By far the best of the historical marker apps available on the app store. Being able to see photos of the markers really sets it apart. The app is a joy to use and elegant in its simplicity!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 04, 2016
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 90.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daniel Kocevski
- © 2015 Daniel Kocevski
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.