HISTORY Egypt HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
#1 best selling strategy game and #1 best selling board game in the app store!
HISTORY™ Egypt Engineering an Empire allows players to build their own empire from its foundations to the height of its power. Acting as the leader of a territory from the Egyptian Empire, players manage all aspects of its rise, from economic growth to political power, the development of armies, and expansion into other regions by war and diplomacy.
90% - Armchair General "A great game for gamers who wish to step into the world of strategy gaming"
80% Silver Award - Pocket Gamer "With a large solo campaign and decent hotseat multiplayer for two players, HISTORY Egypt: Engineering an Empire has plenty to offer"
95% - PSP Minis "If you like strategy games at all, this is a must buy"
80% - Adrenaline Vault "HISTORY Egypt: Engineering an Empire is a very solid game"
80% - What Mobile "strategy enthusiasts and more casual players alike, this is imperial stuff."
Empires are controlled from three main views: the Campaign Map shows the entire game world, including mountains, forests, coastlines, oceans, rivers, cites, and armies. The City Map gives players an overview of the structure and role of a city within the empire, and provides a basis for economic decisions. The Battle Map is to be used when diplomacy has run its course or when a city is being attacked, resulting in turn-based combat.
The game is graphically rich with fast paced addictive gameplay. It is ideal for newcomers to the turn based strategy game genre.
· City development with over 50 buildings to construct
· Army management with more than 25 unit types to recruit
· Each nation has its own unique units and buildings
· 9 historic campaigns with each with different objectives
· Diplomacy, wars, peace and tributes: use your skills to fight your enemies or make other countries your friends
What's New in Version 1.01
+ French, German, Italian & Spanish language support
+ Many minor bug fixes and gameplay tweaks.
Good mid level Game
I'm not a hardcore gamer so for me this fits nicely in between the simplicity of Risk and complex games requiring one to drop a college class to make time for it. It is higher than Risk because you have to make decisions about which military or commercial buildings to buy, or pay off other nations to keep peace, and when you fight you must tactically decide which units attack based on their offensive/defensive strengths, as well as terrain which affects those.
Not worth $5. Should be sold as a $0.99 game. No real depth. Static graphics. Limited replay value. Basic technology tree. Basic combat. Basic city building units. Small maps. Polished finish but very little to the game. Many $1 games of this type offer more. Save your money and look elsewhere. Reviewed by a mature ( in age) gamer.
Not bad if you don't want to think too hard
But the game is quite basic and crashes constantly.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 15, 2011
- Version: 1.01
- Size: 62.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- HISTORY™ Egypt Engineering an Empire © Slitherine Software UK Ltd 2010. Published by Slitherine Software UK Ltd ©2010. All Rights Reserved. External Development by Bloober Team sp. z o.o. THE HISTORY CHANNEL, HISTORY , Engineering An Empire and the “H” logos are trademarks of A&E Television Networks. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.