Stream hundreds of hours of acclaimed series, probing documentaries, and captivating specials commercial free with HISTORY Vault. Explore the greatest stories in history including ancient civilizations, the World Wars, History’s greatest mysteries, and everything in between.
Start your subscription and pay only $4.99 per month or $49.99 a year after your 7-day free trial to watch commercial-free, full-length videos with no TV provider needed, through automatic renewals.
New videos are added weekly. Topics range from ancient civilizations, to the World Wars to space exploration…and everything in between. Here’s a peek at some of the featured Collections available in HISTORY Vault:
• WWII: The World in Crisis
• America: The Story of Us
• Inside the Presidency
• History’s Greatest Mysteries
• And many more!
Use AirPlay to watch on your Apple TV (now also available for download on the new Apple TVs!) and use “picture in picture” to multitask on your iPad Air.
Note: HISTORY Vault content is only available to stream in the United States. Free Trial is only valid for first-time subscribers. Video can only be streamed in the U.S. and U.S. Territories.
Payment is charged to the iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your account will be charged for renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscription and auto-renewal by visiting Account Settings on your device. If you turn off auto-renew during the current subscription period, your subscription will be canceled for the subsequent period.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are experiencing any issues.
Made improvements to our browsing experience.
Ratings and Reviews
The only reason I wanted to download this app and pay for it is to have access to Vikings. The fake you with a documentary called Vikings, not the actual series. Same title, not the same show. I would give this 0 stars if that was possible for the following reasons:
1. We, the consumers, are too stupid to search for shows we want to watch. No search capability. You know, type somethings and you get a list of results. The 1999 technology. Similar comment from another user prompted an idiotic response from the ‘developer’ of this app. It is mind bending.
2. Not one popular show form the History channel. Just go to the history channel app and see what they present, nothing of interest is in the Vault. You would think the Vault would contain all their best shows, wouldn’t you? The Vault, otherwise call it Basement.
3. You pay money for this. This is not a free app so you would not expect only rejected and not so popular shows. Charge us $16 and up if you provide the quality. I would pay and I expect many would pay too.
4. A small list of shows that is not even organized in a logical manner is the only way to interact within this app. The user experience rivals nothing that I can think of since Al Gore invented the internet. Truly horrible with lack of vision and basic understanding of your customer’s needs.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with HISTORY Vault. The good news is that we are already working on many of the improvements that you have outlined in your feedback, including search functionality. The bad news is that we don’t have it yet, and we realize that is frustrating for our customers. We are constantly making improvements to the app and content offerings and hope that you will come back and give us another try in a few months. In the meantime, you can send us an email directly at email@example.com and we would be happy to address your specific concerns.
Terrific source of both entertainment and education!
I have been a subscriber of History Vault ever since H2, also known as History International, went offline from cable and satellite. A number of years. Thoroughly enjoy and constantly share the information from this app. Rated for basic cable television, so safe for young people. History Vault gives access to new programs as well as classic favorites. And it has the distinction of varying some categories to fit Holidays and seasons throughout the year.
The only fault I can find, and it is a minor inconvenience at most, is that the streaming device version does not automatically start the next program after the existing show has ended. The version for mobile devices though does not have this very minor flaw. Definitely two thumbs up from this viewer who Minored in History as a college student.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your feedback. We will take this into account as we continue to make improvements to HISTORY Vault. If you have any additional thoughts you'd like to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love this app
I love this app because I love history. I wish they would continue to add more Presidential history videos. I also wish they didn’t get rid of some of the series. I don’t see “How the States Got Their Shapes” anymore. I’ve been meaning to watch it, but it disappeared. I like that I can “search” specific historical categories. Hope they can add more and keep the videos in the vault and not get rid of them. Thanks! Otherwise, I think it’s a resourceful app!
I also hope you can update the “History Here” app. It doesn’t seem to work anymore. I think it stopped working when I updated my iPhone. Thanks for any help with that. Hope someone can update.
Developer Response ,
Hello - Thank you for your feedback on HISTORY Vault and for watching! We are always adding new content and features to Vault and appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
- A&E Television Networks Mobile
- 78.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2016: A+E Networks, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- History Vault $4.99
- History Vault $49.99
- History Vault $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.