The Hit List 2
By Karelia Software LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Powerful, flexible, and simple task management — for everything. Big jobs? Weekly errands? Bucket lists? Five year plan? No sweat.
Whatever the task, capture it in The Hit List — then relax. Let The Hit List keep track of it for you, freeing you to focus, and be more effective with time management and task management.
Use it on your iPhone or iPad. Use it on your wrist with the included Apple Watch app. And use it with The Hit List for Mac (available on the Mac App Store). Use one app, or both with the included fast, reliable sync service to have everything you need at hand and in sync right when you want it.
It’s easy to learn — it’s as easy as making lists. And, it’s powerful enough to let you plan, let it go, then act at the right time. The Hit List scales with you, from simple list-making, to the power and flexibility of systems such as Getting Things Done (GTD) by David Allen, or your very own unique approach.
Life is complicated enough. The tool you use to manage life’s chaos doesn’t need to be. Keep it simple, with The Hit List. You can use it to manage a to-do list just like you would on a piece of paper. Or you can do much more. With The Hit List, the interface simplicity belies the power within.
Available for Mac (sold separately on the Mac App Store), and for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch as a Universal app. Use one app, or both with the included sync service to have everything you need at hand and in sync when you want it.
What's New in Version 2.6.6
• Improved link detection within notes
• Task Details remembers if repetition and priority controls should be visible
• Tweaked home screen layout for easier access to creating lists and searching
• Spotlight search for tasks
• iOS 11 compatibility improvements
• Folders can be deleted without having to first delete all their contents
• Fixed issue where trying to create a new tag on iPad would create a list instead
If you're a fan of The Hit List, we really appreciate it if you leave a review or rating on the App Store. Thanks!
The best of many I’ve tried
The Hit List is remarkable in how it combines simplicity with extraordinary power. I’ve tried nearly every major task manager and this is my permanent companion.
The iOS version is solid in its own right but it’s the Mac version that it’s a companion to that really shines. If you do most of your work there it’s worth considering the joint system.
What’s so good about it:
- the ability to have infinite nesting. It’s most natural for me to add high level tasks and then later break them out into subtasks at will. THL makes it as easy as writing a bullet list. Other managers force you to decide what’s a “project” and what’s a “task”.
- the combination of tagging and custom views - for instance, all tasks marked today + start of the day, to track what I need to do at the start of the day, or on the phone, or on the go.
- the differentiation between start and end dates. Something can’t be done until next week? No problem, just defer it. Other managers often only have due dates, which makes it hard to differentiate between “have to do this tomorrow” and “can do this tomorrow”.
- the masterful keyboard shortcuts on desktop. Anything you want to do can be done in less than a second and you feel like a ninja.
- the ability to add estimated time while on desktop. This easily lets me see if I’m biting off more than I can chew for the day. And the attached timer adds some soft accountability - why have I spent an hour on something that I thought could be done in 20 minutes?
THL deserves to be near the top of every productivity addict’s toolbox - props to the creators.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 2.6.6
- Size: 11.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Karelia Software LLC
- © 2017 Karelia Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.