Powerful, flexible, and simple task management — for everything. Big jobs? Weekly errands? Bucket lists? Five year plan? No sweat.
Whatever the task, capture it in The Hit List — then relax. Let The Hit List keep track of it for you, freeing you to focus, and be more effective with time management and task management.
Use it on your iPhone or iPad. Use it with The Hit List for Mac (available on the Mac App Store). Use one app, or both with the included fast, reliable sync service to have everything you need at hand and in sync right when you want it.
It’s easy to learn — it’s as easy as making lists. And, it’s powerful enough to let you plan, let it go, then act at the right time. The Hit List scales with you, from simple list-making, to the power and flexibility of systems such as Getting Things Done (GTD) by David Allen, or your very own unique approach.
Life is complicated enough. The tool you use to manage life’s chaos doesn’t need to be. Keep it simple, with The Hit List. You can use it to manage a to-do list just like you would on a piece of paper. Or you can do much more. With The Hit List, the interface simplicity belies the power within.
Available for Mac (sold separately on the Mac App Store), and for iPhone, iPad as a Universal app. Use one app, or both with the included sync service to have everything you need at hand and in sync when you want it.
• Fixes crash which could happen when going to create a new task
Smarter Today Screen
• Tasks are sorted by priority within each section, making important tasks more prominent, and low priority tasks less so
• When viewing completed tasks, only those from today are shown
• The "Still Working On" section has been renamed to "Ongoing"
• Improved layout splits up tasks for the week ahead so you can see what is happening each day
• Push Sync means your task list is immediately up-to-date when editing on another device
• Improved syncing of recurring tasks
• Improved handling of time zone changes when travelling
• Fixed bug where adding a subtask to a completed task via sync might not mark it as incomplete
• Improved reliability of pull-to-sync
• Viewing a Smart Folder's details is more informative, with an overview of its rule(s)
• Re-instated the icon for the folder which a group belongs to
• Improved handling of titles to avoid accidentally creating groups with leading or trailing whitespace
• New editing commands:
• Mark tasks as complete/incomplete
• Clear start date
• Increment start date
• Additional option to sort tasks by creation date
• iPad: Extra action to easily archive a partially complete list, cancelling any remaining tasks
• Better truncation of long list names when included while viewing a list (e.g. Today)
• Fixed crash which could occur when swiping to delete tasks
• Corrected indentation of checkboxes when searching
• Fixed bug where the disclosure button could point the wrong way initially
If you're a fan of The Hit List, we really appreciate it if you leave a review or rating on the App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
I like HitList but company has been slow to update and it lags behind others apps like Things, 2Do, and Todoist... this update crashes each time i go to sync on my 10.5 in iPad Pro... So I can’t use... it does appear to run fine on my iPhone X. Still no update for the Mac...
Can't reorder lists
App is still too dependent on the Mac version for editing. I should be able to manually reorder lists on my iPhone.
Also miss the Watch app but maybe it'll return next year.
Where are they?
Cannot get any response from the company. No longer seems to work.
No updates seem to be forthcoming.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.