Hiya Caller ID and Block
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
First and best call blocker for iOS 10. Hiya identifies the important calls you want to take and blocks numbers that you want to avoid from telemarketers, scammers, bill collectors, robocallers & more.
x200 the Protection with iOS 10 CallKit Support
Integrated Scam Identification
Native Dialer Integration
Auto-blocking Spam and Robocalls
Customized Caller ID
• World’s most advanced phone spam protection engine. Identifies and blocks robocalls, telemarketers, debt collectors and fraud calls like IRS scam.
• Call Blocker: Create your own personalized block list. Add any number or pick a contact from your address book and Hiya will block all calls
• Caller ID: Take calls from people you want to talk to and from friends who aren’t in your phone book. Pick up the calls from your doctor and colleagues and never miss an important call from someone trying to get in touch.
• Unknown Callers: Identify unknown callers in real-time when you always know who’s calling.
• Security: Automatic alerts warn you if an incoming call is spam, scam, telemarketer, debt collector, or spyware. Easily report spam and scam callers
• Reverse phone lookup / Reverse phone search: Perform a reverse phone lookup on incoming calls to find out if it is spam, scam, malware, a virus threat, adware, or spyware.
• Better Contacts: Add names and addresses from Hiya to your phone book contacts to keep them accurate, complete, and current.
USERS LOVE HIYA SECURITY
“Very good app, shows accurate information on all my incoming and outgoing calls. Love it!” - Lasandra
“This is hands down the best, outstanding accurate info on who is calling” - Jane
“Hiya acts like a firewall, blocking virus and spam texts from infecting my device.” - Gary
“This app is wonderful. It has never failed to give me accurate information about who I'm calling or texting.” - LaTonia
“Very accurate caller info. Great app always returns accurate results. Very easy to use.” - Tom
“Very good accuracy when searching allowing me to effectively control the calls I take/reject.” - Jimmy
“Top 10 App” - TIME Magazine
“App of the Week” – Gizmodo
"Is the future of smartphone calling" – VentureBeat
"Caller ID on steroids" - Huffington Post
Hiya Caller ID & Call Block (formerly Whitepages Caller ID & Security Call Blocker) is brought to you by Hiya Inc. Utilizing the power of the Hiya database that has hundreds of millions of phone numbers, you’ll know the true caller behind more calls. Hiya is committed to delivering best in class free security, caller ID, call block, spam & virus protection.
What's New in Version 3.3
- Improved, more reliable spam identification and blocking.
- New background sync that updates several times per day so that you always have the best protection against the newest scams and robocalls.
Seems to do the job; Some comments inappropriate
I've definitely seen a decrease in the number of nuisance calls since installing this app. A few have leaked through which, when looked up by the app, are flagged already as scan or spam. A read through the FAQs sheds light on why.
I would have given it a higher rating if there were a "report comment" feature or some moderation by the company of the comments. All the numbers I look up have the very same comments using vulgar language or referencing "vaginal lubrication", sometimes the latter being associated with one of the recent political candidates. (I assume the same few people are repeating themselves on each number. Imo, repeat offender should not be able to continue.) As it stands now, users who find these comments inappropriate must email Support with exact references.
Good but needs fixing
TL;DR: Good, but YMMV.
Great for looking up suspicious numbers. It used to flag them when the calls were coming in, but no longer does for me. Looking at the new instructions on the Block tab, it looks like they changed how it works. It used to use a special entry in your contacts, but now it says to grant it a permission in your phone's settings. I don't see the settings page it describes, so I'm guessing that page was added in iOS 10.x. I'm still on 9.x and can't/won't be updating soon. My theory is this is why some people like me can't get the auto-flagging to work anymore. The app is still listed as compatible with iOS 9.x, but it may actually depend on a new iOS 10.x feature to fully function.
I have been using this app for 3 weeks now. It has saved me from countless "stupid calls"; especially during meetings and conversation.
The people complaining just need to educate themselves on phone features. Just don't write reviews without at least Googling how to accomplish what you need to; or just click on the app settings to adjust your various options. Don't spew ignorance, especially if you haven't done basic App exploration. Thanks for your hard work on this app guys.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 19, 2016
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 54.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hiya Inc
- Copyright ©2016 Hiya, Inc. All rights reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.