You can use the HMRC app to estimate your tax, manage your tax credits, access your Help to Save account, or work out your take-home pay.
Used by more than 550,000 people per month, the app puts you at the heart of your tax matters and financial life.
The secure fingerprint sign in means you can quickly:
• find your tax code
• work out your take home pay, income tax and National Insurance information with our tax calculator
• get your tax estimate, income and state benefits information
• read messages from HMRC
• track the forms and letters you’ve sent to HMRC
Keep track of your tax credits
• check your tax credits payments schedule
• find out how much you've earned for the year
• renew your tax credits
Manage your Help to Save account
• sign in to your Help to Save account
• check your account balance and bonus
• set a savings goal
• keep track of how much you’ve paid in
• see how much you can still save before the end of the month
• set regular reminders to save - or cancel them
• get easy access to your full web account to do things like pay in money or find out how to set up a regular payment
Signing up is easy
• will need to provide your name, National Insurance number and date of birth
• may also need to provide details like your passport number and salary details
HMRC app is safe and secure
• use the app to get access codes to add security to personal, business and agent accounts
• only sign in to your personal tax account as an individual - you can't sign in as a business or an agent
What people are saying about the HMRC app
• “Loving the fingerprint scanner integration.”
• “Does the job and has stopped half my phone calls. Not that I made that many. Great app.”
• “Easy to log in easy to track tax credits and keep track of how much you've earned for the year.”
• “Great! So simple and easy to use.”
You can now sign out of your account. Select 'Sign out' from the settings screen or on the PIN entry screen.
We've added the option to delete unwanted access codes. Only delete them if you do not expect to use the account again. You will need to reset your multi-factor authentication if you rely on a code in the app to sign in.
Before, when you received a message in the app with a link to your personal tax account on the web, you had to sign in. We have fixed it so the app now signs you in without needing your username and password.
Ratings and Reviews
Information is never up to date!
Individual info is inaccurate.
Simple and useful
Kudos to HMRC for releasing a useful and reliable app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.