Offline bookmarks, expandable & rich discussion threads, customisable reader, automatic themes, ... Everything you need for the best browsing experience possible.
• Save the posts you want to read later, even for offline reading
• Keep track of all the posts you read and manage your favorite posts as you would on the website.
Expandable, rich discussion threads
• Elegant & ergonomic comment section
• Tap on the header/footer of a comment to show its replies.
• Activate the reader and take control over the font-size, font-style and theme of each article.
Light & Dark themes
• Switch between the two themes whenever you want or let the app choose according to the time or to the brightness of your screen.
• Your credentials are exclusively used to log you in to Hackernews and are not shared with any third-party.
• The app uses an open source library to interact with the website: HNScraper (https://github.com/tsucres/HNScraper)
• Signing in is only necessary if you want to interact with the community.
More info: http://www.hnbuddy.io
Bug fixes & more confident components!
• The shy navigation bar is not shy anymore (i.e. does not stay hidden when exiting an article)
• The shy news posts at startup aren't shy anymore either (i.e. they load automatically)
• The shy upvote buttons in the comments are less shy now (i.e. more accessible)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.