As Featured by iMore, track and analyze every aspect of your hockey!
HockeyTracker turns every iPhone into a sophisticated hockey tracking computer. Start HockeyTracker before a game and track your favorite performance stats, and afterwards, dive deep into your data.
HockeyTracker tracks just about any performance metric you can imagine, plus a few exclusive to HockeyTracker.
• Dedicated Game, Pick-up, Practice, Goalie and Ref modes
• Automatic Shift Detection* (including shift length, calories burned, top speed, and heart rates from each shift)
• Game Scores
• Goals, Assists, and Plus-Minus Rating
• Calories Burned
• Distance Skated
• Heart Rates (including Max and Average Ice Time Heart Rates)
• Max and Average Skating Speed
• Ice time
• VO2 max**
• Heart Rate Recovery
• Maximum Capable Speed
• Hockey Fitness Ratio
• Max and Average Skate Efficiency
• Longest, shortest and average shift times
• Historical graphs of all your metrics over time to see whether you're improving
• Shift Timer: set your desired shift time and get a haptic ping to tell you to get to the bench!
• Share your stats via text, email, Twitter, Facebook, Slack!
• The notes section lets you keep track of how you played or describe goals, hits and penalties etc.
• Custom heart rate filtering algorithm that will filter out falsely high heart rate values.
HockeyTracker lets you record a full workout, from start to finish, without a phone.
*HockeyTracker uses a proprietary shift tracking algorithm that is able to detect whether a place is on the ice or on the bench.
**Note that in order to calculate VO2Max, HockeyTracker uses your resting heart rate (as is set by Apple during period of inactivity). Series 0 Apple Watches are not capable of resting heart rates therefore VO2Max cannot be calculated at this time on Series 0 Watches.
• HockeyTracker requires an Apple Watch to collect the data it displays
• HockeyTrack integrates with the Health App on your iPhone to retrieve the data it displays. It will request permission to access the relevant data types associated with a workout.
Information about HockeyTracker subscriptions:
- Subscribers will receive 1 week free of HockeyTracker
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Some under the hood tweaks to dial in calorie burn estimates for ref, coach, goalie, stick time, practice and pond modes.
Also ref mode will now reflect ice time, instead of the total duration of the skate.
See you on the ice!
Ratings and Reviews
Really good idea but needs improvement
The concept of this app is really good. It gives you nice information, it is stable and it has a lot of potential. But, it’s obvious that it’s on its beginning stage. The calorie calculation is way off. I had a 2hs ice time with an average HR of 152 and it estimates a calorie burn of 518. My average burn for 2 hours using the “Other” workout from Apple Watch is close to (if not over) 1,000 calories.
I paid for the full year membership and the only thing that doesn’t make me regret it is that the creator of the app is really active and tries to fix all the glitches and improve the app on a regular basis.
Hopefully the calorie counting gets better over time.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to review! Was this workout within the past month or so as the calorie algorithm was changed around versions 2.5+? Always feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org the more data I get from users the more we can dial in things, so its always helpful. Thanks again!
Listen, I could go on and on and on about this app. So, I’ll try to keep it short.
If you’re a hockey player and are interested in tracking your performance, health and stats, this is a must have app. It zeros in on average ice time, heart rate, shifts, distance skated, your speed...etc.
It even has a wonderful description of each category the app tracks. In addition, to averages based on a scale from poor to superior.
It honestly, keeps me wanting to go on the ice and try to beat my own statistics. I love it.
Finally a hockey app for players
I love this app, so great to see how I’m playing after a game or practice.
- MyndArc, LLC
- 35.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Myndarc, LLC 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pass (1st week free) $2.99
- Yearly Pass (1st week free) $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.