Hoist Sail for the Heliopause and Home
By Zarfhome Software Consulting
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*Heliopause* is interactive fiction — a classic text adventure. No graphics! No point-and-click! You type your commands, and read what happens next.
Steer a ship to distant stars and see what you find, in this compact science-fictional fairy tale.
- A snack-sized narrative, finishable in one session.
- Fluid interface designed for comfortable typing and reading.
- Achievements tracked through Game Center.
- Pop-up palette of commonly used commands.
- Includes a handy status display tab (so you don’t have to type “EXAMINE SHIP” over and over). Bonus ship diagrams and graphics added especially for this iOS release.
- Full support for VoiceOver (speech output) and dictation (speech input) on devices that offer these features.
“In Heliopause, space is the Great Forest of Arthurian knight-errant and Grimm fairytale, or the ocean of the Odyssey: anything might be encountered there, but you won't be able to plot it on a map.” — Sam Kabo Ashwell
“Like many of Andrew Plotkin's games, *Hoist Sail for the Heliopause and Home* is beautiful because so alien... The game-play is extremely ingenious at teaching the player to manipulate and appreciate something completely unrecognizable.” — Emily Short at PlayThisThing
*Heliopause* won the XYZZY Award for Best Writing of 2010. A browser-playable version is also available (for free) on my web site.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- A single tap on the text no longer closes the on-screen keyboard.(You can still tap to open the keyboard.)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 31, 2017
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew Plotkin
- © 2013-7 Zarfhome Software Consulting, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.