Hokm for Hustlers
By Eiman Zolfaghari
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
More popular than Blackjack. More strategic than Poker. Hokm is the ultimate card game played by millions worldwide where your partner depends on your every move.
Similar to games like Hearts, Spades, Tarneeb, Whist, and Euchre, Hokm is no ordinary card game. It takes hustling to a whole new level.
Hokm is for Hustlers.
(Want to try it for FREE?? (With Ads and only Single Player) Get Hokm FREE here: www.hokmfree.info )
* Now with Global & Local Multiplayer! (In-App Purchases) *
* Single Player Game (with built-in AI)
* Global Multiplayer (with an In-App Purchase)
- Use your Game Center Account (required) to player with thousands of Hokm Players (and your friends) anywhere in the world!
- Chat with fellow Hokm Players while playing!
* Local Multiplayer (with an In-App Purchase)
- Play Hokm with your friends via WiFi or Bluetooth
* Earn Hokm Points for playing well and keep track of your Games Won, comparing them with all other Hokm players worldwide! (Requires a Game Center account)
* Beautiful graphics (amazing Retina Display for iPhone 4, and even looks great on the iPad!)
* Soothing Persian background music (which you can turn off easily and put on your own tunes while playing)
- Choose Your Game Carpet / Background (17 awesome ones to choose from)
- Choose Your Player Picture (makes multiplayer more fun)
* Easy to resume a game (Single Player Only)
* Easy to understand interface
* Fluid, one handed gameplay
* Realistic sounds
* Follows the traditional rules of Hokm. The way our grandparents would play it.
* With a promise of constant updates built from your feedback!
Quick Tip for Local Multiplayer
In order to play local multiplayer, all players must be on the same WiFi Network OR ALL have their Bluetooth On.
If you are finding issues connecting, please TURN OFF your WiFi and TURN ON your Bluetooth for all devices, and things should work more smoothly. (Bluetooth may take up to 30 seconds initially to turn on, so be patient)
PS: If you like Traditional Persian Music, check out 'Radio Darvish'!
What's New in Version 3.3.1
- Challenge yourself to a smarter Hokm computer player!
- Multiplayer Chat : Now chats can be multiple lines!
- Game Center Scores : Created a new leadership board, this time with less bugs and more accurate score reporting. Can you beat your friends in Hokm for Hustlers?
- Bug fixes
An incomplete and incapable app... Totally non-trustworthy
I am so sorry to tell this but this app is a total fraud and each one cent that we paid for this incomplete and incapable app are wasted.
The guys who wrote this app didn't know jack about this old persian game so they engineered it wrongly in the way all the games are pre-planned and there is nothing randomly happens in this game. If one statically examine the way it distributes the cards will find out soon that there is a problem because you can see the repetitions over and over... The same cards over and over until it wins or makes someone win.
Also its intelligent player is a total mess. There is no knowledge of Hokm's logics in its playing skills.
This game is completely non-trustworthy and no one can rely on its honesty so any games are pre-engineered and it's just a matter of computer's selection wether you're going to win or lose...
Your skills are nothing because they are all useless in this app!
At the end, the online gaming option of this app is really unreliable because most of the times one of the players becomes logged out unexpectedly so the (AI) will take its place and a good online game experience turns to multiple disconnections and re-tries from ether side until everybody got disappointed and lost their habits for the game!
This is really not right. Please concern about this matters because this app really ruins your good times with friends while destroying your nerves as well.
The computer cuts you no matter what on 3rd player even if you are high with an ace or king. It's very frustrating. I have lost many matches because of it. It will also cut with its highest card on 3rd or 4th position even though it doesn't need to, especially in 4th position. When I have a king/queen of same suit, computer will allow my king to win, but when I follow up with the queen, it will beat me with the ace, even though it has lower cards in the same suit. I wish the people who wrote the software would fix these glitches because overall the computer is still entertaining to play with. I wouldn't mind the fact there are never any players available to play with in the multi. I rate this a 3 out of 5. I'll take away one star for the glitches and one star for the lack of players to play with.
Fun and addictive ... BUT!
I was really enjoying this game the first few days, but I have become very frustrated with it. I had not read the bad reviews and assumed the bugs had been fixed, but they have not. The hands you get are usually terrible and it seems to me that statistically speaking, the hands should vary more. But the worst is the other AI players. I understand they are following an algorithm but it makes no sense. My "yaar" cuts my winning high card with an ace of Hokm when it is going last in the round AND has other Hokms. There is no scenario where that makes sense. It is like playing with a handful of amateurs, which gets old really fast. Also, the multiplayer thing DOES NOT work, so that was a waste of money. Lastly, I wish the interface was better and had landscape mode. Sometimes it is too hard to pull out the right card, especially from the left corner.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 17, 2012
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Eiman Zolfaghari
- © 2012, Eiman Zolfaghari
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Local Multiplayer$0.99
- Global Multiplayer$0.99