Hold the Line covers battles fought during the American Revolution. This game is a careful conversion of the board game of the same name developed by Worthington Publishing. Jump in and take command of the American or British forces during this pivotal moment in the history of nations!
Featuring an addictive “Action Point” system, you have a limited number of orders to dictate to your troops each turn. You must decide where to attack, who to rally, where to move and who to sacrifice to achieve your goals. Each scenario features unique objectives for both sides and can be played as either. Double the challenge!
Replay the engagements of Commander-in-Chief George Washington and British General William Howe and see who has the strategic might to gain the upper hand for the control of the burgeoning United States of America.
- 13 unique scenarios playable as either the Americans or British
- 7 scenario tutorial teaching the main principles of gameplay
- 4 campaigns, play a series of scenarios in succession for a combined score
- Faithful recreation of the original board game
- Choose where to deploy your army
- Bring in reinforcements when you need them
Add new how to help images.
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting Game, I guess that's a bland endorsement
It's different(!) from the Rebels and Redcoats game offered by Hexwar, and more difficult to master. The interface is crowded even for a 13" iPad. Only through experimentation will you understand the crowded lower screen section, it's really not found within help. The terrain depictions are substandard from making the transition from a larger board game to a small screen. Contrast between playing units and terrain are the primary difficulty. This detracts significantly for me in playing this game, Hexwar's Rebels and Redcoats visuals are great in comparison!
Will I play it much, probably not as I would head to Rebels and Redcoats almost certainly to play a game for this time period.
I visited the Hexwar web site to see if more instructions on game play and the screen symbols were available after viewing an on-line video review of the board version. Nothing was found, no PDF to read or video showing the tutorial scenarios being played with voice. I wish they would offer an alternate play screen that aids/speeds play. At this point I cannot recommend this game unless you need a game for this time period.
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will take all of this into account.
Glitchy (1 Jan 2018)
1. Crashes repeatedly.
2. If you zoom out, you can’t zoom back in.
3. The highest zoom-in level isn’t as good as previous games. Given the small scale of the battle maps, there should be more zoom available (units are too small).
4. Dragoons are supposed to be able to fire after moving, does not always happen.
5. Sometimes a leader retreats and it keeps galloping in place, and it causes the game to not respond from that point on.
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 535.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2017 HexWar Games Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.