Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Help end street harassment one hollaback at a time as you catch those creeps in the act and submit your story to be recorded and mapped on ihollback.org. When it comes to ending street harassment, the best response is a badass response, so start holla’ing back.
Here’s how it works:
- Enter your story and hit the location button. You can either use the gps on your phone or enter the location manually, depending on your settings.
- You have the choice to hollaback with or without a picture. While the picture helps to tell a story, if you don’t feel safe, you don’t have to take one.
- Next, you identify the types of harassment.
- Indicate whether you saw this incident happen, or whether it happened to you.
- Once your hollaback has been submitted, you’ll receive an email asking you to tell the rest of your story.
- Send us back your full story so we can review it and map it on your local Hollaback site, where it will inspire the world to take action to end street harassment.
Don’t just walk on… Hollaback!
What's New in Version 2.4.2
- Fixed text entry bug for iOS 7
Needs a lot of work
I have a few complaints about this app. First of all, whenever I open the map it shows me NYC instead of my location in Los Angeles. So whenever I open the map I have to drag it all the way to the other side of the country...which is annoying. Next, I wish I could drag and drop a pin on the map when I am reporting harassment. Most of the time I wouldn't feel safe to open the app and report it right then and there and it is a pain to look up the exact address of the location later. I also wish I didn't have to be redirected to the website just to read people's full stories. Lastly, I reported a very scary incident I had last week and it still doesn't show up on the map? Like my story was completely ignored? I like the idea of this app, but right now it is pretty lousy at doing what it's supposed to do.
Hope it gets out to other cities
I'll definitely be using this app when I'm visiting some of these major cities. Hopefully more cities will be added. Maybe some changes to the interface as well, something a little more aesthetically pleasing. Beside that, I love this app ❤️
AmaZing!!!!! Our Nations Capital Next PLEASE!!!!!!
This app is so amazing and I love everything about it! But as a womyn living in Washington, DC.. I would love to have my city on the map. We really need it!! Please add DC soon!!!!! You have Baltimore but no DC!!!!!!! Thank you so so much!!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 14, 2013
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: RightRides for Women's Safety
- © 2012 Hollaback!
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.