Holon is an auditive mixed reality app that generates functional music from your body movements and the world around you - your behaviour. Use it for active commuting - or almost any sport you can think of - Holon adapts seamlessly to your activity and context.
Holon couples movement with sound in an immersive, physical experience that supports and encourages movement in different ways.
Functional feedback can improve concentration, endurance and performance, for example when walking or running. It can also be used for relaxation, meditation, yoga, dance or anything involving motion.
Your fluctuating heart rate and step rate changes the tempo of the music, while other musical content is generated in real time from your activity, course, weather, time of day, health data, and many other signals.
For complete functional biofeedback, we currently support Apple Watch and Suunto Movesense (available as In-App Purchases).
Bonus pro feature: Sync your heart rate with professional music apps using Ableton Link!
Holon is based on principles of affective design and biomusicology and puts the user in the centre of an open world of synthesised sound. Holon is a passive, zero-UI app, where your biomechanical movement and biosignals form the musical circuitry. Become part of the circuit, become sound!
P.S. Our professional editor Holon.ist for motion, location, and biosignal-based music, launches soon. Try it now with VCV Rack - it connects automatically! Get our free plugin pack from: https://vcvrack.com/plugins.html#holonic
*** Known Issues ***
- Holon sometimes crashes when paused, and in background mode.
- Using Holon in a moving vehicle sometimes causes audio feedback. Deleting and reinstalling Holon should resolve this.
- Apple Watch reconnection problems may occur, either showing an “X” icon on a red circle, or is in a paused state (square icon). Closing and reopening the app on the iPhone - sometimes repeatedly - should improve the connection.
- UI and performance improvements
- Holon.ist demo mode integrations: Try it now with VCV Rack - it connects automatically! Get our free plugin pack from: https://vcvrack.com/plugins.html#holonic
Ratings and Reviews
Very, very cool concept and execution. Would love Audiobus support.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much! It’s possible that we could include Audiobus and AUv.3 support, but it’s more likely to be available sooner for our editor, Holon.ist, which already has MIDI out. You’re welcome to try the beta: http://bit.do/holonist
I enjoy using this when I don’t feel like listening to my music library but also don’t feel like listening to podcasts or audiobooks. It’s neat noticing how the music changes slightly when my car goes faster or slower.
I do wish the music was slightly more pleasant. Many times it sounds unpleasant.
Developer Response ,
Hello and many thanks for your review. We need to address this and would like to invite you to participate in the process. It would really help us a lot if you’d write us to email@example.com - we can then find out exactly how to improve the experience.
- Holonic Systems Oy
- 83.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Holonic Systems Oy (2018)
- In-App Purchases
- Apple Watch support $3.99
- Movesense Support $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.