HoloViewer : Hologram 3D Model Viewer
By Fabio de Albuquerque Dela Antonio.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Ever wanted to bring your 3D models to the real world? HoloViewer allows you to turn your favourite 3D models into "holograms"! All you need is an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch and a "holographic pyramid" made of plastic or glass.
This app does not show you a video, it is truly rendering your 3D model as a "hologram". Thanks to Apple's Model I/O, HoloViewer can open and display several 3D formats, including: Alembic (.abc), Wavefront Object (.obj), Polygon (.ply), and Standard Tessellation Language (.stl). HoloViewer also allows you to directly download and extract .zip files containing your 3D models.
These are some potential applications for HoloViewer:
- Attracting more customers by displaying 3D "holograms" of your products at your storefront;
- Displaying 3D models of sculptures at arts exhibitions, without needing to transport the real sculpture to the exhibition;
- Engage students in your class by presenting scientific material in a new way;
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Genuine, but sparse
Good looking 3D images when viewed with a homemade transparent pyramid. But only two rotating images provided. If you want to see more, you'll have to make your own.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 23, 2016
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fabio de Albuquerque Dela Antonio.
- © 2016 Fabio de Albuquerque Dela Antonio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.