The Holy Bible - King James Version is a beautiful, easy to use, full featured Tecarta Bible app designed for quick navigation, easy note taking and powerful Bible study.
The King James Version (KJV) of the Bible is included with the app, and all the other popular translations (NKJV, NIV, NLT, ESV, NASB, MSG, etc.) can be affordably purchased in the app. Also available for purchase in the app are a large selection of Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals -- with all of their extra content integrated beautifully in the app so it is easy to navigate, search and study.
The app does contain a single ad in the verse of the day screen. For customers who have made an in-app purchase the app remains ad free. As our user base expands, we have made this change In order to continue our efforts.
All Bible translations, Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals can be downloaded to your device so you can use them off-line (without an Internet connection). Tecarta Bible makes it easy to navigate, search, highlight verses, bookmark, make margin notes, and copy and paste into your notes.
- Fast and easy to use
- Flip back and forth from your Bible to note-taking during lessons with one touch and not miss a thing
- No internet connection needed for downloaded Bibles, Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals
- Use either Study mode, Parallel mode or Reading mode (pages turn like in a book)
- Select, copy and paste multiple verses easily and quickly
- Quick navigation either by using predictive entry or table of contents
- Margin notes allow you to write notes for a specific passage
- Night mode for low light reading
- Both word and verse selection for highlights
- Facebook and Twitter sharing
- Highlighting allows readers to easily emphasize verses or passages
- Full-text search by OT, NT or current book allows users to quickly find words and study topics
- Bookmark your favorite passages for quick future reference or make your own personal studies
- Powerful folder system allows users to organize notes and bookmarks
- History folder and back button
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Font sizes can be easily changed
- Easily e-mail notes to yourself, friends or family
- NIV, ESV, NKJV, KJV, and NASB are red-letter editions, which can be optionally disabled
- Users can expand Bible translations library easily and affordably through in-app purchase
- Split-screen capability for parallel translations or for seeing Bible study with personal or study notes at the same time
- Autoscroll with adjustable speed
- Synchronize all your notes, bookmarks, margin notes and highlights across all iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices
- AirPrint enabled
- NIV (New International Version - 2011)
- NIrV (New International Reader's Version)
- NLT (New Living Translation)
- ESV (English Standard Version)
- NASB (New American Standard Bible)
- MSG (The Message Bible)
- CEV (Contemporary English Version)
- NKJV (New King James Version)
- AMP (Amplified Bible)
- NCV (New Century Version)
- NVI (Spanish NIV Bible)
- LBLA (La Biblia de las Américas)
- CUV (Chinese Union Version)
- CUVS (Chinese Union Simplified Version)
- Korean Bible
- NIV Study Bible 2011 version
- NIV Quest Study Bible
- NIV Women's Devotional Bible
- NIV Women's Study Bible
- NIV Men's Devotional Bible
- NIV Student Bible
- NIV Teen Study Bible
- MacArthur's Daily Bible
- Couples Devotional Bible
- Mom's Devotional Bible
- Real Life Devotional Bible for Women
Try all of the above Bibles, Study Bibles, Devotionals, and commentaries for free using our in-app trial feature. Or if you would like to use these Bibles offline, you can do so by purchasing the license from inside the app. Purchasing any Bible license will also remove ads from the app.
Are we missing any translations you would like to see? Do you have any suggestions? Email us at email@example.com
- fixed bug with iOS 9 and Text-to-speech
Ratings and Reviews
The Bible application by Tecarta, Inc. is over and above any superlative I could use here to describe it. I have been using it now for a couple of years and it has transformed my daily Bible study. I still use my hands-on Bible loving the feel of the leather in my hands traipsing through the Word checking and reviewing the verses as the morning study takes me through the Word.
However Tecarta allows me to take notes and save the study and messages in an organized manner that is quickly and easily accessed as never before. The method of keeping margin notes, not available in countless other apps and programs used in the past, allows quick access to a verse, inserting a note and keeping the verse and verses in a separate note that can be recalled by the search tool. This program has revolutionized my Bible note taking.
Additionally the manual is short and simple allowing the application to be quickly learned. I hate the hundred page manual poorly indexed. Not so with the Tecarta application. It is a quick study, short and simple making the user adept almost instantly. The selection of Bibles is comprehensive along with study bibles, and Strong’s together with a nice selection of commentaries and dicitonarys.
I pray that the author and all of the staff are continually blessed by the Lord as He makes his Word available to us through Tecarta. I pray also for a continual supply of electricity and support for the existence of this app.
Wonderful as floating reference
I have a new respect for the Tecarta Bible app now that I upgraded to an iPad Pro. I have always enjoyed the complete reproduction of all the footnotes, side notes, and cross references of my paper NIV Study Bible. But, now, with the ability to do side-by-side or floating windows on an iPad, it is wonderful to be reading a Christian study book, perhaps in the Kindle app, which doesn't support windowing, and be able to slide in the Bible app in a floating window to follow up on a Biblical reference that the book makes. I also used to spend lots of (enjoyable) time wandering through cross-references, with many page flips in the paper bible, seeing how ideas are connected and related. It's so nice to do the same in the NIV Study Bible content of the Bible app. Even better, the Study Bible notes are not frozen to the NIV translation. They will cooperate with any translation I switch to.
I have really enjoyed using the Tecarta bible app. I have used this bible app for quite some time and it has always been my favorite.
I enjoy the ease of use and different versions that are offered through wifi. So far, I have not experienced any glitches in using the app. I've used other bible apps and they are very glitchy. But Tecarta has a very smooth operation. I like the parallel bible capability as well. Over all it's a very good bible app.
However, I do miss one feature that was available that no longer is a part of the app and that is the history feature. You can go back to a previous scripture but you used to be able to see your complete history until it was cleared. This is definitely a feature that was handy and that I miss having available.
- Tecarta, Inc.
- 89.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Tecarta, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- New International Version $5.99
- Strong's with KJV $1.99
- New King James Version $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.