By Paul Avery
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Holy Bible is the easiest, best looking, and most customizable Bible app you'll ever use.
Dozens of downloadable Bibles, online ESV, powerful searching, parallel viewing, study tools, NET notes, Facebook/Twitter sharing, autoscrolling, bookmarking, highlighting, underlining, notes, daily reading plans, iCloud syncing and backups, and so much more!
Note: No copyrighted Bibles will be added that require large up-front cost (ie. NIV, NASB, NKJV, etc). I am a full-time missionary coding in my free time with very little money. I have tried time and time again, but the publishers simply do not want anything to do with my app.
What's New in Version 10.0.2
• Bugfix: Crash when using ESV without internet connection
• Bugfix: Crash when using share in notes on iPad
• Bugfix: Incorrect color shown in color selector
Awesome Bible APP
The first time I opened this app, it's appearance (text, line spacing) was terrible. I didn't even use it for a few months. But a few days ago I opened it again, took the time to use the extensive text tools and discovered what a treasure this app is. Everything about it is fantastic. You can go to any Bible chapter in about 2 seconds. Every Bible app I've seen has terrible word search functions, due to needle-in-a-haystack search results that is hard to find what you want. Not so with this app. You can search words with hundreds of hits and using the tools, quickly access the results by book. The tools is the best $1.99 you will ever spend on books. You get probably $2000 worth of study tools for $1.99. The Interlinear is priceless, especially the Greek & Hebrew word search to locate every verse where a particular Greek or Hebrew word is used. Serious study tools for serious students of God's Word. I already have all these study tools on my PC and hundreds more, but to have this Bible study power on an iPad is fantastic.
Lost features with update
1. The icons that allow you to navigate through the app used to be identified by abbreviations and now use symbols only; a learning curve is needed-not that friendly.
2. I now have to purchase study materials that I had access to previously. I would have liked to have considered this prior to making the upgrade. I don't like having the decision taken out of my hands.
3. I have this app on my iPhone as well but did not have these issues with the upgrade. I should be able to have the same features on the iPad that I have on the iPhone through the Apple store purchase without having to sync to iCloud – if that would even get me the same features.
Great functionality, poor design.
This app has some great features and functionality, but desperately needs a UX/UI overhaul. The app feels clunky and difficult to use. Animations and responsiveness is just bad. Also, the audio feature recently added is one of the most obtrusive things I've seen in an app; one mis-tap and your phone starts talking in the middle of church or something like that.
Please contact me if you'd like some tips on creating a more cohesive user experience. I really want to see this app succeed, it's honestly one of the most useful Bible apps on the App Store.
email: delsid @ icloud . com
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 29, 2016
- Version: 10.0.2
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paul Avery
- © 2016 Paul Avery
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Study Tools$1.99
- NET Notes$4.99