Control and monitor your home from anywhere in the world. Home Assistant for iOS lets you control all your devices and provides advanced location and notification engines to allow for complex mobile automations.
Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform running on Python 3. Supported products include:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- Apple TV
- Belkin WeMo
- Dark Sky
- Google Assistant
- Google Cast
- IKEA Trådfri (Tradfri)
- Philips Hue
Home Assistant for iOS requires an iPhone running iOS 9.3 or later and a previously configured Home Assistant instance. The instance must be accessible from the Internet and secured with a valid, non self-signed, SSL certificate for location tracking. Basic notifications work without external access.
Another week, another new Home Assistant for iOS build!
- More localization support! We now support Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Dutch and Spanish. Minor updates were also made to the existing German translation.
- Add support for granular control of location update triggers (in Settings->Location)
- Support customization of notification display options (see online docs for this, but allows you to specify badge/alert/sound or any combination of the three for each notification)
- Add ability to send URL in push notification which opens upon tap
- Add confirmation dialogs when opening a homeassistant:// URL
- Re-enable Fabric so I can start tracking crashes again
- Improve notification permission check
- Fix text input notifications so they actually work again
- Lots of other localization work
- Bug fixes
Please submit a rating if you haven't already, it's my fuel that keeps me going!
Ratings and Reviews
Great Home Assistant app!
I love this app. For anyone looking into home control and home automation, Home Assistant is an open source (free) platform for control and automation of all your devices. This iOS app is the mobile companion that gives you access to all the same views and features as you'd have while at home. With frequent updates and ample support, you can't go wrong. A huge thanks to the developers that put their time into this!! Great app!!
An awesome app to compliment awesome open-source home automation!
Very well made, allowing for both easy and advanced configuration for notifications, location tracking, and control. You will have to get your hands dirty setting up a Home Assistant controller in your home, but I highly recommend it. There are a lot of great things you can customize and automate if willing to learn.
Really good app
This works great, and gives a much nicer cleaner interface than bringing up HA on a web page in a browser.
I think there may be a bug in the iPad version as I am unable to get the location service working. When I select enable in preferences for location updates, the app freezes. This happens on both my iPads (air and pro). I don't have an iPhone to test it on.
Text notifications work good though. Haven't tried the more complicated notifications yet.
I note that in system configuration under privacy/location services, that the home assistant app doesn't show up. This may indicate that there is something missing in the pilist file (think I remember name correctly) in the xtools iOS development environment.
We believe the freeze has been fixed as of the last version. Try again and let us know if you are still having problems. Thanks for the feedback!
- Robert Trencheny
- 85.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Robert Trencheny
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.