Home Inventory Mobile Backup
By Binary Formations, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Home Inventory Mobile Backup is one of two free iOS helper apps for Home Inventory for the Mac. You must have Home Inventory on your Mac in order to use Mobile Backup.
With Mobile Backup, you can backup your Home Inventory files to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch and view the items in your inventory while on the go. And, should you ever need to, you can restore your inventory from Home Inventory Mobile Backup back onto your Mac.
• Download inventory files backed up to Dropbox using the Backup to Dropbox feature in Home Inventory version 3.2 or later.
• Backup and restore inventory files through iTunes or over your WiFi network.
• View all of the items in your inventory right on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, including warranty information notes, photos, and receipts.
• View your policy insurance policy details.
• Email, print, and share item photos, receipts, and file attachments.
• Support for password protected inventory files helps keep your inventory safe from prying eyes.
***Home Inventory Remote Entry is available on the App Store for adding and editing items in Home Inventory on your Mac.***
What's New in Version 2.0.3
• Native support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
I’ve been using HomeInventory for several years now, but the new Remote Entry has made the addition of photos an easy matter. I particularly like being able to add new entries from the App itself. One note: I originally had issues with my iPhone losing the network connection when making entries, but after finding my iPad had no problems using my network, I “restored” my iPhone thru iTunes, hoping the problem was with my phone. Evidently that was it, as that fixed the issue and it's working flawlessly!
Warning: Desktop Only
This should be an inventory app that allows you to enter photos and information from a smart phone not just the desktop only. Photos are taken with a smart phone these days not a desktop, and there are dozens of inventory apps that run directly from a smart phone, so after paying $19 for your app, I was very disappointed to find out I can't even use it. Without the functionality of being able to enter inventory from a smart phone or an iPad, this app is completely useless. I'm really shocked that the developer doesn't understand this fundamental need today to be able to use mobile devices, especially for an inventory when you're moving around.
Why don't you allow us to put the inventory files in the cloud (via iCloud, dropbox...etc) then we could add files on our phone, add them on our computer, it wouldn't matter where, they would always sync.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 13, 2015
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Binary Formations, LLC
- © 2014-2015 Binary Formations, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.