By Binary Formations, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A Mac App Store Editors' Choice and Best of 2013 pick. Home Inventory has been called "Quick and easy to use" by the New York Times and "Spectacularly user-friendly" by Mac Format.
Keeping an up-top-date catalog of your possessions has never been this easy!
Keep important information about the items in your home in one place. Store make, model, serial numbers, purchase price and date, photos, receipts, warranty information (manufacturer’s, extended, etc), and much more. Use the dated notes feature to make notes about modifications and repairs. Attach files, such as digital copies of owner’s manuals.
Eliminate paper clutter so there is no more digging through file folders and junk drawers to find the information you need.
KNOW YOU’RE COVERED
Should disaster strike, the robust and configurable reporting system gives you the information you need to file a claim. No need to try and remember what you have and what it’s worth – it’s all in Home Inventory.
Coverage analysis features help you determine if you have the right amount of insurance for your possessions so you don’t find out that you’re under-insured when it’s too late.
Stay on top of regular home maintenance tasks, such as changing batteries in your smoke detectors, store basic information about your home (year built, purchase price, etc.), and keep track your home’s property assessment history.
TRACK YOUR COLLECTIONS
From comic books to bottles of wine, track the value and details of each item within a collection individually and the collection as a whole.
ADD ITEMS AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER
Add items to your inventory while away from your computer with our free helper app, Home Inventory Remote Entry, for the iPhone and iPad. Remote Entry uses your WiFi connection to communicate with Home Inventory while you wander your home and build out your inventory or enter information offline and sync it up later.
KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE
Your inventory data is yours and can be stored local or on a cloud-synced folder such as iCloud Drive or Dropbox.com.
Home Inventory can backup your inventory to an external drive or a cloud-synced folder, such as Dropbox or iCloud Drive. You can also backup to your iPhone or iPad for viewing with our free helper app, Home Inventory Mobile Backup.
• Use your scanner to add photos and receipts
• Use your iPhone or iPad to add items, photos and receipts
• Customizable fields and field layouts
• Built-in currency conversion
• Each inventory file can have its own base currency
• Drag and drop between inventory files
• Robust and flexible reporting options
• Password protection
• Import and export CSV data
• Track property assessments
• Warranty expiration tracking
• Property insurance coverage alerts
• Track and value collections
• Keep multiple inventories
• Support for Retina displays
• Full-screen support
• Sandboxed app for increased security
• Store your inventory on iCloud Drive or Dropbox.com
• Backup to iCloud Drive or Dropbox.com
• View your inventory from your iPhone or iPad
Home Inventory Remote Entry and Home Inventory Mobile Backup are available in the App Store for iTunes: http://appstore.com/binaryformationsllc
If our app meets your needs and you feel inspired to leave a review it makes a huge difference to us. Thank you!
If you have any problems or suggestions, please contact support email@example.com. We have no way to respond via the Mac App Store to problems and complaints raised in reviews, but will do our best to address your concerns as quickly as possible if you contact us directly.
What's New in Version 3.4.0
• Added a new Charts section to the Home View with charts that give you an overview of your inventory.
• You can configure what types of charts are shown. Options include breakdowns by category, collection, condition, location, and tag, warranty coverage breakdowns, property assessment history, and purchases over time so you can see if you are spending more or less on your possessions that you used to.
• New custom report option lets you choose which field is used for report totals in custom list and detail reports.
• New custom report option lets you choose which field items are sorted by.
• Added a new summary only report type.
• Added a cover page with date to the warranty analysis report.
• You can now choose whether the item list in the Items View is sorted in ascending or descending order.
• Added a notice that appears in an item's warranty section when its warranty has expired or is about to expire.
• Added an icon that appears in the item list when it is in the detail view mode that indicates the item is out of warranty coverage.
• Fixed a bug where items may not properly fill the page in a custom item detail report when the main item photo is not included.
• Fixed a bug where collections could show up twice in the report summary in reports with the "Show each collection in its own section" option set.
• Fixed a bug where an item's value was being erroneously multiplied by its quantity when considering whether or not it exceeded the maximum single item value coverage limit for insurance coverage analysis.
Security needs more consideration
Pairing with password for remote entry should be required, you have an open connection for any mobile device on the same WIFI network which is not a good approach for anyone sharing WIFI over an area, such as a college dorm or apartment complex with a shared broadband network.
A ‘Notes’ or ‘Description’ field is also needed for each item, to explain differences in ‘Price’ and ‘Value’ if an item is upgraded or has had maintenance/modifications done to it that increase value. For instance, a musical instrument (guitar) with modified tuners, electronic pickup, etc… these are too difficult to add one at a time and much simpler to add a detail note on the item for its value being higher than original price. Another good use for this field would be noting that it was a discounted sale price or otherwise un-repeatable price and therefore replacement cost ‘value’ is expected to be higher.
This App is by far better than other programs I used on my windows HP. I am transferring everything to this program.
It was easy to learn and adjust to my situation. I am using it to inventory all my stuff in my house for insurance purposes. If something happens such as a fire or theft, I have everything logged in with pictures, sales receipts, warranties, purchase price and current value to validate any claims that I make. I am storing the program information in the cloud so if my computers are stolen, damaged or suffer a malfunction, I can easily retrieve the information. I use this method so I do not have to keep making backups overtime I add or change items in my house.
I highly recommend this program for any type of inventory situation. Very easy to use.
Great app for firearm inventory
I have been looking all over the internet for a firearms inventory for a MAC product. This is THE app for that. You can customize each line and design it the exact way you want to. I made a mirror immage of The NRA National Fireamrs Museum GUN COLLECTOR’S LOGBOOK. You can add pictures, receipts, supporting documents and much more! This app prints reports for value and inventory list for your Insurace Broker for your Personal Articles Policy. I am amazed how easy it was to use. I am looking forward to using it for my coin, knife, and stamp collection next. The use for this app is limitless!
AAA+ Highly Recomend! Don’t settle for less and spend the money for this app. Well worth it!