The Home Outside landscape design app is an intuitive app with over 700 hand-drawn elements you can use to create your design, so you don’t need drawing skills to make beautiful landscape plans! We created the Home Outside desktop app as an easy-to-use alternative to highly technical CAD-type design programs. Homeowners and design professionals can use Home Outside to create designs at any scale, from a detailed small garden design to a conceptual master plan for an entire property.
Why buy Home Outside Desktop when you can use the popular mobile app for free? With Desktop, you can create designs on a larger screen, in portrait or landscape orientation. Using a keyboard and a cursor instead of a fingertip, you can more easily create detailed designs with greater precision and control. You can export an 11x17" PDF to print from your computer. PDFs include an automatically formatted titleblock based on customizable fields in Settings, with a scale bar, north arrow, and notes. You can save an editable design file and then open and continue working on it with your mobile device.
• Designs created with desktop are compatible with mobile and vice versa. Save a design to your personal computer, transfer the design to your mobile device to open with the Home Outside mobile app. Or start a design with your mobile device, then transfer it to your computer to refine it using Home Outside desktop app on your Mac.
• Rotate design area (90-degree increments, landscape or portrait orientation).
• Simple click-and-drag functionality. Move, resize, rotate, duplicate, flip, group/ungroup, zoom, undo/redo to place each piece just where you want it.
• Import an image as a layer to your design (.JPG, .PNG). Resize, rotate in screen, lock, hide, reorder the layer, and adjust its opacity.
• Plot your property using the Map tool and use it as a base for your design. Your Map image is imported with coordinating margin rulers, dynamic scale bar, and north arrow. Imports as an adjustable layer.
• Easy to use collapsible panels for Layers and design elements.
• Convenient margin toolbars with tool drawers for Notes tool, Sketch tool, and Print Preview.
• Add more text notes with numbered tags (up to 50 notes with 300 characters each) to explain features, specify individual plants, and keep track of details. Use in light or dark mode for optimal visibility over graphic.
• Organize your design with Layers. Lock/unlock, make each layer visible or invisible. Reorder and rename layers as desired.
• Do more with Layers in Desktop: merge layers and display layer with adjustable transparency using the opacity slider.
• Add a layer of color with the Sketch tool. Sketch in 15 colors with adjustable line weight and opacity for drawing solid lines or a transparent tint. Adjust the entire sketch layer’s opacity in the Layers panel.
• Make event planning easier with the Events palette seat counter. Keeps track of the number of seats you’ve placed for your guests.
• Save to in-app design gallery, export editable design files to your personal computer, or save an image of your design (.png) to your computer files.
• Save/print plan graphic to 11x17" PDF with titleblock, scale, north arrow, and design notes.
• Multiple layout options for 11x17" PDF: display plan as square with notes on same page, or display plan as rectangle on a single page or with notes displayed on additional pages.
• Record project information in Settings—project name, project address, and design status. Fields will auto-fill PDF titleblock with current date.
• North arrow and dynamic scale bar sync with imported map image. Turn on/off for PDF print. Opt for the margin rulers and scale to display as feet or meters.
Fixed an issue that was causing some users to receive errors when trying to use the map search tool.
What's New in Version 1.2
• Retina Support! We've updated Home Outside with full retina support so the App and your designs will look better than ever.
• Fixed the Map Search tool! You can once again search for a location in the Map Tool.
• Create elements to scale! Design elements will be created at an appropriate scale when they are added to your designs. Some elements, like the basic shapes, will still be created relative to your zoom level.
• All-new intuitive workflow for creating a new design.
More updates are coming soon, including:
• UI improvements for a more modern look.
• Usability updates for a more user friendly experience.
• And many improvements to come!
Ratings and Reviews
love this app!
Simple to use but you can do SO much with it. It's a lot faster now than when I first downloaded it...and waaaaayyyyyyyy better in retina. Solid!!
Bugs appear to be fixed! Cool program - great for mapping out my back yard garden beds.
I cant believe I spent my money to this S…T!!!!! dont even buy this is a scam, nothing works I will ask for a refund
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.