By Michael Kruk
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the Home Personal Weather Station (PWS) app!
You turn on the evening news and the weather report shows the temperature and current weather conditions at the nearest Airport. That's great...but, the thing is, most people don't live near an Airport. Weather conditions can often vary significantly across a small area, meaning that what is happening at the Airport is likely not the same as where you live!
Home PWS is an application designed to access current weather conditions from personal weather stations from all over the world!
The application will also benefit current Weather Underground* PWS owners who can easily check their home stations while on the go.
- displays current weather conditions for nearby or known stations for anywhere in the World, including temperature, dewpoint, "feels like" temperature, 24-hour temperature change, wind speed & direction, pressure and trends, precipitation in the last hour, daily total precipitation since 12:00am local time, solar radiation, UV index, soil temperature, soil moisture, and leaf wetness;
- a daily almanac showing the maximum and minimum temperatures for the day, peak wind speed and gust, as well as specific hourly-averaged temperatures and wind speeds (morning, afternoon, and evening);
- a graphical display of the data with 4x zoom so you can more closely examine the data;
- supports stations with webcams for live viewing on the go!
- save your "favorite" locations and check their conditions anywhere, anytime. Just tap on the gold star to Favorite any station;
- warns you when the data you are looking at is more than 15 minutes old. This is particularly useful for PWS owners who monitor station up-time;
- you don’t need to know the name of the station. Simply use your current location and the app will retrieve the nearest 20 stations to you, up to 50 kilometers away!
- Supports metric units via the Settings tab;
- No ads! Enjoy the app without cumbersome advertisements.
This app was made by a degreed meteorologist, full-time Dad, and part-time app developer. Your support is appreciated.
I cannot respond to App Store Reviews, so if you have questions or suggestions, please visit our website: http://whiterockapps.wix.com/home
Please note: if you have started up a new station, please allow Weather Underground 24-hours from start-up time to get your data incorporated into their system. New stations younger than 24-hours are not visible via this app as the API call hasn't yet been refreshed by Weather Underground. This is an issue outside the bounds of the Home PWS application. Thank you.
* All data featured in the application are logged and retrieved from Weather Underground.
What's New in Version 1.8.3
Small bug fix to account for station ID errors. This also addresses a bug when punctuation is inadvertently entered as part of the station ID in the Settings tab.
Seriously disappointed in that the data is several hours old. And app gives an error message every time. Sad that I actually bought this app.
Simple, easy access to my home PWS. Even has an almanac for daily statistics, which is a bonus. However, the widget does need some work.
Piece of Junk
Apple used to be good about making sure the apps in their App Store worked. But they are falling down on their job. This app crashed every time I tried to open it on the same day that I bought it. And attempting to get a refund is near to impossible. Do not buy this app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 17, 2016
- Version: 1.8.3
- Size: 15.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Kruk
- © White Rock Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.