This HOME THEATER CONTROLLER app provides easy operation of select Yamaha Home Theater Systems using your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- Basic function control, such as volume up/down, input selection and setting mode selection
- Auto/manual sound beam adjustment (for YSP-2500)
- Precise sound beam adjustment (for YSP-1400 and SRT-1000)
- Surround mode selection, offering expanded choices over the included remote control
The app requires an active BLUETOOTH wireless connection between your Yamaha sound bar and your mobile device. Please make sure to establish a connection first.
[iOS Version Requirement]
* This application supports iOS version 9 or above.
This application will never collect nor externally transfer personal data stored in your smartphone/tablet.This application performs following functions for purposes described below.
- Making a connection under BLUETOOTH wireless technology enabled environment The application uses BLUETOOTH function on your smartphone / tablet for the purpose of controlling BLUETOOTH enabled devices
This application collects user related information using Google Analytics including product name, operation records and any potential fault information as well as the basic information collected by Google Analytics.
Personal information is not collected and remains private. The collected information is used only for marketing activities, product planning and app development in the future.
(Google Analytics is authorized by Google(Alphabet Inc) visit --> https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ )
Please download and use MusicCast CONTROLLER (not HT CONTROLLER) for following models.
- YSP-1600, YSP-5600, SRT-1500
Supports new model
Some improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic app! Better than the remote.
I have an ATS-1060BL. The Yamaha HT app works flawless with this sound bar. I rarely even need to access the app since I use the HDMI ARC hookup between my smart TV and sound bar, allowing volume control with the TV remote. The app has eq settings for game, movie, music, TV and I can adjust as desired. Additionally, I love the clear-voice feature which boosts and clarifies dialogue. Bluetooth works exceptionally well (my Echo device connects automatically when I select Bluetooth).
I hope Yamaha continues to provide updates to this app as their newer products use their MusicCast app.
I have a YAS-107 and LOVE this app. Frankly, I like it better than the IR remote control that came with the soundbar. The app and my Xbox One (for volume and mute) are all I ever use to control it.
As others pointed out, the soundbar must be ON to connect. This is its only flaw. I’m not sure why it doesn’t stay in some sort of Bluetooth standby mode. After it’s been turned off is the only time I have to manually reconnect (in iOS Settings).
The app worked fine (albeit slow) with my yas-106 before the iOS 11 update. Following the update, it stops working every time I press home after using the app. I have to quit the app and relaunch it to get it to work. It’s not a deal breaker, as the only real advantage to the app (with my model) is changing the surround modes. That said, it is still annoying. You’re better off using the included remote as much as you can as this app is clunkier and far slower in comparison.
- Yamaha Corporation of America
- 10.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Yamaha Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.