Find and book the perfect vacation rental in just a few taps! With the HomeAway mobile app you can quickly and easily access all the tools you need to plan, book, and manage your stay. Plus, we now support Apple Pay!
Dream your perfect vacation or quick weekend trip:
- Browse popular destinations and vacation rentals in more than 190 countries
- Discover whole homes, from apartments to villas, or even tree houses and castles among our over 2 million vacation rentals
- Save and manage favorites
- Share with people traveling with you
Book your vacation rental:
- Book and pay directly on the app, safely and securely
- Now use Apple Pay – fast, simple and secure
- Access all your conversations from your inbox and receive notifications when owners answer your questions or confirm your booking
… and Enjoy your stay!
- Manage your reservations
- Keep your trip's details with you when you are traveling
- Access your check-in information when you need it
Currency is displayed as USD, GBP, and EUR in the property listings, unless otherwise noted. For more information please go here: http://www.homeaway.com/mobile
We've made it easier for you to search for the perfect place to stay, you can draw directly on the map to narrow your search to your preferred locations.
Ratings and Reviews
I am a regular user of HomeAway and appreciate their service however I have two major issues hat I believe will be their downfall if not addressed:
1. Fees are not transparent and are becoming out of control. Rather than recognizing the opportunity to compete with the Airbnb’s of the world on fees it is as if they instead just jacked up fees across the board. Further, because the “price per night” does not include the fees and charges across properties are inconsistent, the search experience is much more time consuming and frustrating than it needs to be. HomeAway should provide the option to see price per night with fees as a search option at a minimum which would at least increase transparency.
2. The app is buggy. This is in acceptable for a product/company at this scale. Get it together and only release updates when they’re properly tested. Simple features like “favorites” are not synchronized at times with the desktop. The funny thing is that this wasn’t a problem until they apparently recently updated the app because I used it in the past. The share favorites with someone has disappeared. The “draw area” for search (a nice idea) causes the app to crash regularly. None of this should be happening for a company like HomeAway.
Property owners and calendars
The HomeAway app is convenient, but there are a few things that could make it better. One very important thing that HomeAway needs to do is punish owners w a fee for not updating their calendars on a regular basis. The calendar/app says the property is available, so you submit a request. It can take a day for them to get back to you to say, “Oops, sorry, our days must be crossed. Can you shift your plans ahead 3 days?” Sure, I’ll just call the conference and tell them to postpone everything. And this happens over and over and over until you’ve wasted a week trying to book individual properties.
In addition, the search function needs to be improved. It doesn’t include all possible properties, even though they make you think it does. For example, Pasadena & Altadena CA are adjacent cities. If you do a search for Pasadena, you might have 5 Pasadena properties & 1 from Altadena. This leads you to believe that there’s only one in range in Altadena. But then, do a separate Altadena search, and it gives you 4 additional properties! There’s got to be a better way to do the search on your phone.
All reviews don’t display in app. Only top ranked and most recent. Also can’t vote on reviews in app
There is no way to scroll down in the app to read ALL reviews. You have to go on a pc to the vrbo site to see all the reviews. This is a critical feature that is needed because not everyone has a pc and depends on the app. Very important review information is not seen and this is supposed to be one of the features that’s makes your site appealing.
Also you can’t vote on helpfulness in the HomeAway app like you can on the vrbo website. This too is very important as owners can upvote good reviews by using other email addresses to push the good ones to the top. This is what is first seen when you go to reviews in the app. Again another reason why expoaing all reviews in the app is critical. We now have to pay a fee just to book with the site. So it’s time to start delivering features that allow a traveler to make the best informed decision. At some point not exposing all the reviews in the app is likely going to result in liability to homeaway if a decision is made on a property that had the information in a review that homeaway didn’t expose.
- HomeAway.com, Inc.
- 172.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 HomeAway.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.