Homeboy for Insteon Hub
By Homeboy Software Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch to control Insteon lights and appliances in your home from anywhere with an Internet connection. Homeboy uses the native look and feel of your device to provide your entire family with a simple way of controlling the home. Set up your Insteon home and devices using Insteon's Insteon for Hub app, then use Homeboy to control it all. Just sign in with your Insteon account credentials.
- Control Insteon lights, appliances, and scenes with a simple, easy-to-use app
- Quickly access all Insteon devices, scenes, favorites, and rooms
- Check device statuses throughout your home with one glance
- Use in portrait or landscape orientation on all iOS devices
- Control your home while multitasking with the iPad's Slide Over and Split View features
- Requires the Insteon Hub v2 (model 2245-222) and Insteon devices
We encourage you to provide feedback about issues and feature requests. Current limitations include:
- Currently supports one home
- Supports most Insteon lighting and appliance modules, dimmers, and outlets
- Supports primary load on keypads and dual outlets
- This release does not support sensors, cameras, and thermostats
What's New in Version 0.2.15.37
- Support for FanLinc
- General improvements and bug fixes
Ok App -- but needs work
The app functions pretty well and seems quicker and more responsive than the Insteon for Hub app. However, (IMHO) the graphic interface is pretty lame, unnecessarily colorless and boring and does not make a good use of screen real estate. The real bummer for me is no support for my cameras -- which Insteon for Hub does quite well.