Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch to control Insteon lights and appliances in your home from anywhere with an Internet connection. Homeboy uses the native look and feel of your device to provide your entire family with a simple way of controlling the home. Set up your Insteon home and devices using Insteon's Insteon for Hub app, then use Homeboy to control it all. Just sign in with your Insteon account credentials.
- Control Insteon lights, appliances, and scenes with a simple, easy-to-use app
- Quickly access all Insteon devices, scenes, favorites, and rooms
- Maintain a comfortable environment with Insteon fans and thermostats
- Check device statuses throughout your home with one glance
- Use in portrait or landscape orientation on all iOS devices
- Control your home while multitasking with the iPad's Slide Over and Split View features
- Requires the Insteon Hub v2 (model 2245-222) and Insteon devices
We encourage you to provide feedback about issues and feature requests. Current limitations include:
- Currently supports one home
- Supports most Insteon lighting and appliance modules, dimmers, and outlets
- Supports primary load on keypads and dual outlets
- This release does not support sensors or cameras
- Fixed a bug that prevented access when the home has no rooms/groups defined
- Fixed a bug that prevented devices, scenes, and groups from displaying when a first-generation hub is associated with the Insteon account
- Fixed a bug that caused the initial fan speed to display incorrectly for FanLinc
- Updated Thermostat view to display fan status as OFF when thermostat mode is OFF
This release also includes the latest updates from 0.4.2, including
- Support for Insteon Wired Thermostats
- Ability to set specific brightness level of dimmable lighting devices
- Improved visibility into device status updates
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Ok App -- but needs work
The app functions pretty well and seems quicker and more responsive than the Insteon for Hub app. However, (IMHO) the graphic interface is pretty lame, unnecessarily colorless and boring and does not make a good use of screen real estate. The real bummer for me is no support for my cameras -- which Insteon for Hub does quite well.
Just installed on my phone. It is super easy to setup. It’s quick and responsive and does everything as advertised. Not flashy but I’m sure that’s why it performs so well. Great job!!!!
Easy and intuitive design!
Love this app! I can control everything very easily. I can even check if I accidentally left the light on after leaving the house. If you are looking for something simple and easy to use this app is for you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.