Now available in mobile [iPhone/iPad] and desktop versions [Mac OS, Windows], including instant data sync between mobile/desktop versions. (Separate purchase required for each OS platform).
A lite version of HomeBudget is available under the free applications category. Give it a try.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need help. We have no way of contacting you if you post an issue as a review.
HomeBudget is an integrated expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances. It offers support for budgeting, and allows analysis of your expenses and income, including charts and graphs. Two key differentiating features of HomeBudget are:
1. Integrated set of features. The features within HomeBudget are well integrated such that a bill can become an expense (when you pay for it) and also adjust the account balance at the same time.
2. Family sync. HomeBudget includes Family Sync, an advanced feature that allows a group of devices within the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget. Once setup, the devices sync with each other automatically over the air. Family Sync works across all features including Bills and Accounts. Please refer to the Family Sync Quick Start guide at http://www.anishu.com for information on configuring Family Sync.
- Create/Edit/Delete expenses and recurring expenses
- Browse expense entries by month, by category/date with the ability to drill-down
- Optionally associate an account and payee with an expense
- Attach photo images of receipts; drag and resize images on screen
- Support for multiple currencies and automatic exchange rate conversion
- Search expense entries
- Create/Edit/Delete income and recurring income
- Optionally associate an account with the income
- Create/Edit/Delete bills and recurring bills
- Support for Payees, and track payments by Payee.
- Make payment on bills either an as expense or as a transfer (to avoid double accounting your expenses)
- Calendar and list view of Bills
- Bill reminders
Categories and Budget
- Create/Edit/Delete expense categories and sub-categories
- Set a budget, and track expenses at the category/sub-category level.
- Associate icons with the categories and reorder category display order
- Budget rollover
- Classify expenses into fixed, variable and discretionary and compute your disposable income
- Support for Accounts such as Checking, Savings, Credit, Debit, Cash, etc.
- Associate your expense and income entries with your accounts and accurately track account balances.
- View transactions, and do transfer between accounts.
- Ability to choose a different base currency for each account
- Trend chart for Expense, Budget and Income for the last 6 months
- Pie/Bar charts for expense break-down (Available in the Expenses screen).
- Export data/reports by email or via WiFi
- Automatically sync multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, iTouch) in the household and see the same numbers on all devices over 3G and WiFi
- Work within the same budget with other members of the household
- Backup/Restore complete application data, including all receipts
- Ability to upload your own list of category icons
- Large numeric keypad for expense/income amount entry
- HomeBudget follows the locale/region setting on your device and shows date and currency symbols appropriate for your region
Visit http://www.anishu.com to see more screenshots, and to download the user guide (PDF, 42 pages).
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very good, however...
I've been using HomeBudget for 7 years and in my opinion it's still one of the best. However, recently I started looking for some alternatives, due to some annoying errors and the lack of updates, which previously, were constant. There is still no possibility to change the language, there is no possibility to customize the desired functions and mainly it seems that Anishu has not bothered to keep the application. I reinforce that I have tried several financial control applications and HomeBudget is still, if not the best, one of them. It is easy to use, it controls your expenses very well, it shows complete reports, it has a very good payment control schedule, it shows the forecast of expenses, it allows synchronization with other devices of the family, in fact, much that is not found in others applications. I ask Anishu, if you still read these reviews that reconsider this product and start to take care of it. You have an excellent product on hand, but you do not seem to be worried about taking care of it.
Goodbye after 2 years
This has been my go-to expense app for over 2 years, but when I recently restored my phone to discover HomeBudget was a blank slate, I was reminded of two things: (a) HomeBudget doesn’t leverage iCloud for backups, and (b) its Dropbox backup settings had mysteriously reverted from Daily to Never, meaning the past 6 months of data are now gone. Using Dropbox to backup app data is a fine if ersatz way to go, but not defaulting those settings to daily is completely incomprehensible to me. Why would anyone *not* want daily backups of a data payload that is so miniscule? It begs the question why the developers didn’t just implement iCloud backup in the first place. Set it and forget it.
So, I’ve had enough. Goodbye Home Budget.
And hello to Money Pro. An app which has stayed with the times, leverages all the iOS hooks properly, and even has some nice predictive AI to streamline the expense entering process. Money well spent, and I’m glad I made the switch.
Great expense tracker!
I’ve been using this app for about 3 years now and I’m very happy with how it’s allowed me to manually track m expenses and balance my bank account month to month. A recent feature that I absolutely LOVE is the Month-to-month budgeting option that allows you to see your past and future budgets and have them be unique each month! This is a VERY welcome addition! Thanks so much to the support and team for implementing these great updates!
I would also love the addition of some realt-time feedback in the "split categories" menu so that I can see (after putting the first category and amount) how much is remaining from the original dollar amount so that I don't have to do math in my head and memorize the numbers!
- Anishu, Inc.
- 26.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Anishu, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.