HomeBudget with Sync
By Anishu, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
40% off. For a limited time only!
Now available in mobile [iPhone/iPad] and desktop versions [Mac OS, Windows], including instant data sync between mobile/desktop versions. (Separate purchase required for each OS platform).
A lite version of HomeBudget is available under the free applications category. Give it a try.
Contact email@example.com, if you need help. We have no way of contacting you if you post an issue as a review.
HomeBudget is an integrated expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances. It offers support for budgeting, and allows analysis of your expenses and income, including charts and graphs. Two key differentiating features of HomeBudget are:
1. Integrated set of features. The features within HomeBudget are well integrated such that a bill can become an expense (when you pay for it) and also adjust the account balance at the same time.
2. Family sync. HomeBudget includes Family Sync, an advanced feature that allows a group of devices within the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget. Once setup, the devices sync with each other automatically over the air. Family Sync works across all features including Bills and Accounts. Please refer to the Family Sync Quick Start guide at http://www.anishu.com for information on configuring Family Sync.
- Create/Edit/Delete expenses and recurring expenses
- Browse expense entries by month, by category/date with the ability to drill-down
- Optionally associate an account and payee with an expense
- Attach photo images of receipts; drag and resize images on screen
- Support for multiple currencies and automatic exchange rate conversion
- Search expense entries
- Create/Edit/Delete income and recurring income
- Optionally associate an account with the income
- Create/Edit/Delete bills and recurring bills
- Support for Payees, and track payments by Payee.
- Make payment on bills either an as expense or as a transfer (to avoid double accounting your expenses)
- Calendar and list view of Bills
- Bill reminders
Categories and Budget
- Create/Edit/Delete expense categories and sub-categories
- Set a budget, and track expenses at the category/sub-category level.
- Associate icons with the categories and reorder category display order
- Budget rollover
- Classify expenses into fixed, variable and discretionary and compute your disposable income
- Support for Accounts such as Checking, Savings, Credit, Debit, Cash, etc.
- Associate your expense and income entries with your accounts and accurately track account balances.
- View transactions, and do transfer between accounts.
- Ability to choose a different base currency for each account
- Trend chart for Expense, Budget and Income for the last 6 months
- Pie/Bar charts for expense break-down (Available in the Expenses screen).
- Export data/reports by email or via WiFi
- Automatically sync multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, iTouch) in the household and see the same numbers on all devices over 3G and WiFi
- Work within the same budget with other members of the household
- Backup/Restore complete application data, including all receipts
- Ability to upload your own list of category icons
- Large numeric keypad for expense/income amount entry
- HomeBudget follows the locale/region setting on your device and shows date and currency symbols appropriate for your region
Visit http://www.anishu.com to see more screenshots, and to download the user guide (PDF, 42 pages).
What's New in Version 3.3.2
Minor bug fixes
Goodbye after 2 years
This has been my go-to expense app for over 2 years, but when I recently restored my phone to discover HomeBudget was a blank slate, I was reminded of two things: (a) HomeBudget doesn’t leverage iCloud for backups, and (b) its Dropbox backup settings had mysteriously reverted from Daily to Never, meaning the past 6 months of data are now gone. Using Dropbox to backup app data is a fine if ersatz way to go, but not defaulting those settings to daily is completely incomprehensible to me. Why would anyone *not* want daily backups of a data payload that is so miniscule? It begs the question why the developers didn’t just implement iCloud backup in the first place. Set it and forget it.
So, I’ve had enough. Goodbye Home Budget.
And hello to Money Pro. An app which has stayed with the times, leverages all the iOS hooks properly, and even has some nice predictive AI to streamline the expense entering process. Money well spent, and I’m glad I made the switch.
Using this app for very long time, probably one of the first customers...
The only issues that I'm facing is data size. For example, if you saving receipts with your expenses then your data file becomes HUGE and there is now easy way to remove old receipts. Also, Backup/Restore to Dropbox doesn't work. It creates empty remote folder and never stores the data.
It would be nice to backup your data to google drive too. Dropbox gives too little space if you on free version.
Would be nice to be able to delete receipts for specific time frame. For example, I do not need receipts if they are older then 3 years. Or give us a chance to store those receipts in the cloud so data file would smaller.
The best budget app
Update on iOS 11 iPhone 6s Plus.
After updating to iOS11 the backup using dropbox broken. It wont initiate the backup anymore. Please fix this thanks.
Just to update the review, everything works smoothly and the recent update doesnt break the auto backup anymore 👍🏻 but the update break the foreign currency conversion. Hope it will be fixed soon.
Is there any major update to replace the current one ?
1. shortcut for frequent added expenses
2. Option to move sub category.
3. Overall interface enhancements because been using this app for a few years i think a redesign is good.
Dont mind to pay again for another major update to support the dev. Hope this app will be always supported.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Sep 22, 2017
- Version: 3.3.2
- Size: 16.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Anishu, Inc.
- © 2017 Anishu, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.