Now available in mobile [iPhone/iPad] and desktop versions [Mac OS], including instant data sync between mobile/desktop versions. (Separate purchase required for each OS platform).
A lite version of HomeBudget is available under the free applications category. Give it a try.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need help. We have no way of contacting you if you post an issue as a review.
HomeBudget is an integrated expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances. It offers support for budgeting, and allows analysis of your expenses and income, including charts and graphs. Two key differentiating features of HomeBudget are:
1. Integrated set of features. The features within HomeBudget are well integrated such that a bill can become an expense (when you pay for it) and also adjust the account balance at the same time.
2. Family sync. HomeBudget includes Family Sync, an advanced feature that allows a group of devices/computers (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iTouch) within the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget. Once setup, the devices/computers sync with each other automatically over the air. Family Sync works across all features including Bills and Accounts. Please refer to the Family Sync Quick Start guide at http://www.anishu.com for information on configuring Family Sync.
- Create/Edit/Delete expenses and recurring expenses
- Browse expense entries by month, by category/date with the ability to drill-down
- Optionally associate an account and payee with an expense
- Attach photo images of receipts
- Support for multiple currencies and automatic exchange rate conversion
- Search expense entries
- Create/Edit/Delete income and recurring income
- Optionally associate an account with the income
- Create/Edit/Delete bills and recurring bills
- Support for Payees, and track payments by Payee.
- Make payment on bills either an as expense or as a transfer (to avoid double accounting your expenses)
- Calendar and list view of Bills
- Bill reminders
Categories and Budget
- Create/Edit/Delete expense categories and sub-categories
- Set a budget, and track expenses at the category/sub-category level.
- Associate icons with the categories
- Budget rollover
- Classify expenses into fixed, variable and discretionary and compute your disposable income
- Support for Accounts such as Checking, Savings, Credit, Debit, Cash, etc.
- Associate your expense and income entries with your accounts and accurately track account balances.
- View transactions, and do transfer between accounts.
- Ability to choose a different base currency for each account
- Trend chart for Expense, Budget and Income for the last 12 months
- Pie/Bar charts for expense/income break-down (Available in the Expenses/Income screen).
- Export data/reports as PDF or CSV
- Automatically sync multiple computers/devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iTouch) in the household and see the same numbers on all devices over 3G and WiFi
- Work within the same budget with other members of the household
- Backup/Restore complete application data, including all receipts
- Ability to upload your own list of category icons
- HomeBudget follows the locale/region setting on your device and shows date and currency symbols appropriate for your region
Visit http://www.anishu.com to see more screenshots, and to download the user guide (PDF, 42 pages).
Minor bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Important bugs are not fixed
The app is OK, but it has some major bugs for those of use who manage expenses and incomes in multiple currencies.
1. Whenever you import expenses and transactions in a certain currency, the app will not perform the right conversion to the main currency of the system. I have had to open the app’s SQLite database and run UPDATE queries myself to get this fixed without having to go on each expense one by one.
Appart from that, the other limitation is that the budget is always just for the current month, you cannot store historical information about your budget nor explore how you performed budget-wise in past moths
BEST THING OF MY LIFE
I am so happy with this app so far! I downloaded the free version the other night and then I just had to get the full version. I’ve been looking for a very hands on way to do my budget that isn’t excel and doesn’t neccisarily connect to my bank account. This app is so great and has been so helpful. I am excited to continue using it!
Not worth the money
I’ve purchased this awhile ago and have tried to come back to it many times. When i orginally purchased it i could access it on all my apple products. Now it requires me to pay an addisional fee before i can access it. With the price i paid i should be able to have access to it on all devices. You can find free apps that do a better job than this as a paid app. It doesnt keep track of expense from my back account. I have to manually adjust my bank account with each “bill” Dont waste your money.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.