HondaLink Navigation NA
By American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The HondaLink™ Navigation app is compatible with vehicles equipped with HondaLink-ready technology:
2014-15 Civic EX & above
2015-16 Fit EX & above
2015 CR-V EX & above
2016 HR-V EX & above
Be advised that HondaLink Navi is not compatible with 2016 Pilots and 2016 Accords. The app is compatible with the iPhone 5/5S/5C with iOS 7.x/iOS 8.x and the iPhone 6/6+ with iOS 8.x.
With the new HondaLink Navigation app, you can have in-dash guided mapping directions with voice instruction over the stereo speakers. Users can receive all the convenience of in-vehicle maps and routing, including continuously updated traffic information for freeways, highways, and major surface streets. Search for points of interest or specific addresses, and easily route to your selected destination. Includes free annual map updates.
Download the HondaLink Navigation app onto your smartphone and stream the entire navigation system into your Honda dashboard display. Use the steering wheel controls to interact with the HondaLink Navigation app while driving. The app is designed to work alongside other HondaLink apps. Be sure to download them all. Data fees may apply (check legal disclaimer).
Note: Works in both standalone mode (for use when not driving) and when connected to Honda vehicles available with the HondaLink-ready technology (listed above).
Requires registration with HondaLink. Requires HDMI cable connector, Apple lightning adapter, and Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® connection. See handsfreelink.honda.com for more details (US only).
Some services require use of GPS for location-based content. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
• Receiving or making a phone call will no longer disconnect the Navigation app from the dashboard display. Simply tap the Navigation App icon to bring back the map onto the display during a phone call.
• You can search for places by category.
• You can change the map orientation by taping the compass icon on the map.
• Enhancement and fixes.
Could be better but helpful
I just bought a noew car and rather than shell of a lot more money the car dealer suggested that as I will probably not be using the navigation all the time the Honda app might be a better way to go. I bought the app and bought the required cables.
I tested the app on my regular journey to work and it took me to my destination just fine. I then used it for a long journey and I arriced with only a small problem. The problem I had was that I touched the screen and it paused the app or something which caused me to park the car and reset the destination. I'm still learning to use it and only noticed the back button today.
I would like more options to be added, such as shortest route, change of voice and the ability of listening to my podcasts while the navigation is working.
I would have to say that I'm happy so far with the map. I've now used it for 3 different locations and each time I was directed to the correct destination. Okay, it's perhaps not perfect but I would rather have something than nothing and at least it will show on the car's TV screen when you are driving. As far as I'm aware you have no other alternative.
For $60 a year it's probably worth taking a chance on it to see if you like it as it works out at about $5 a month. This was how I looked at it, having used the app now I'm pretty certain I will be buying the app again once my year is up.
Could be much Better!
HondaLink Navigation App. I just purchased this app and I have a few grievances and requests.
1. The volume options need more choices.
a. When listening to the iPhone music the volume on the navigation is to low to hear at its maximum volume
b. When listening to the radio or any other source other than the iPhone the minimum volume is to loud.
2. The traffic information update is way too slow to be useful. Google maps are very current with traffic info and provided us with an alternate route that Hondalink Navigation did not because of the lag between the app and current conditions.
3. Favorites should be higher on the list or there should be a better use of space so that all of the buttons are available without scrolling down. This is a good idea for all screens.
4. There should be an option to Navigate to destination immediately after pressing the destination option instead of having to press the destination on the map again to choose navigate to destination.
5. Shopping and other categories are omitted from the category search but there is room for Acura and Honda Dealers in the list
6. App is too expensive for its features and quality.
7. This is very important, iPhone screen should turn off or dim to black while using app, there is no need to look at the phone while the app is active and the phone gets very hot on long trips because the screen is always on.
There is little to be desired on this app. I recently got rid of my 04 accord which had the navigation built in and bought a 2015 civic si at the time I needed an immediate car and couldn't wait to get an si with navigation. I bought this $60 app so that I could see the map on the screen of my car... So here's my complaints...
1) I also had to buy an hdmi to lightning adapter cord for it to work which was a major drawback.
2) My next complaint is that the volume for the directions is too low. Even on the highest setting you have to strain to hear the directions.
3) the directions given were very poor. I bought the app to use on long trips and I tested it out going 45 minutes away to a place I knew how to get to so I wouldn't be late. With that said, this app will not give you a road name, any road name. I was initially advised "in 2 miles take the exit on the right" it would be beneficial to know the name of the exit especially in an unfamiliar area. Again it was make a right turn in a half mile and again in a quarter of a mile but still no road name. This was somewhat disappointing.
I am still testing it out as I just purchased it today but I would have to say for what I've seen thus far it was a waste of my money. I would rather use my husbands gps from his semi and stick that big thing to my window than rely on this app. This also seems to be the general consensus of reviewers so it would be advised that something is done.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 21, 2015
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 29.4 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- © 2013 American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.