HoneyJar is an app for iPhone and iPod touch that helps you figure out the real cost of your spending.
Whether you realize it or not, you put every dollar you earn to work. How? By choosing how you spend it. You can spend it right away for an immediate benefit, you can leave it in your checking account for a short-term benefit, or you can invest it for a long-term benefit.
Enter HoneyJar. By showing you the real difference between spending today and investing for tomorrow, HoneyJar helps you better decide how to put your money to work.
Using HoneyJar is easy. Just enter the expense in the Amount field and HoneyJar will show you its future value—that is, how much it would really cost you—for three scenarios:
1. A one-time payment
2. A recurring monthly payment
3. A recurring weekly payment
HoneyJar can help you better understand:
- the real cost of leaving cash in your checking account
- what kind of return (or savings) you need to make on a one-time purchase
- which credit card to pay off first
- how much value you should put on that fancy coffee you buy every morning
HoneyJar doesn't give you financial advice and won't solve your money problems. But HoneyJar can help you make smarter spending decisions.
- Updated for iOS 8
- Fixes display bug on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.