By Honeywell International, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Comfort. Savings. Life. Perfectly in tune.
Honeywell Lyric™ is a Wi-Fi connected platform that is designed to simplify home comfort, security, and awareness by controlling connected home products with a single app. Our heritage and experience in and around the home means you can trust each of our Lyric products to perform brilliantly and give you a smarter more comfortable home.
Lyric Round™ Wi-Fi Thermostat
• Perfect for the future home - Works with Apple® HomeKit™, Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT
• GeoFencing control - The Lyric app uses the location of your smartphone (or other members of your family) to trigger changes in your Lyric thermostat's set temperatures, adjusting your temperature when you’re leaving or returning home. There’s no learning curve. No elaborate programming. Simply savings.
• In addition to GeoFencing there is simple to use scheduling, with daily setpoints which are customizable across every day of the week
• Smart alerts help ensure on-time maintenance for ideal system operation or will let you know of extreme temperatures or humidity levels in your home.
• Intelligent comfort control maximizes your comfort by considering temperature and humidity together
Lyric T5 & T6 Series Thermostats - US & Europe
• Perfect for the future home - Works with Apple® HomeKit™, Amazon Alexa and Google Home
• Remotely connect, view and adjust heating, cooling and fan settings (European T6 controls heating function only)
• Intelligent comfort control maximizes your comfort by considering temperature and humidity (US Models only)
• Use a familiar time-based routine scheduling, or location-based scheduling with GeoFence technology if your day is anything but routine.
• Vacation Planning lets you manage prolonged absences, to maximize savings while you’re away, with the assurance your home will be comfortable upon your return.
• Use Schedule Groups if you have multiple T5 or T6 thermostats in your home, to conveniently schedule changes to all of them, rather than individually edit each thermostat
• Smart alerts help ensure on-time maintenance for ideal system operation
Lyric™ Water Leak & Freeze Detector
• Gives you peace of mind wherever you go. At the first sign of a leak, freezing temperatures, or excess humidity, you’ll get a notification on your smartphone
• Multiple sensors can be installed to cover your entire home, each having the ability to attach and option sensor cable, to deliver even greater coverage.
• Easily monitor temperature, humidity, battery life, and device status from the Lyric app
• Set up alerts to notify your neighbor, friend, or your trusted contractor. So even when you are away, someone you trust can take action
• 2016 CES 2016 Editors’ Choice award winners
Lyric™ C1 Wi-Fi Security Camera
• 720p HD camera, with Night Vision, Sound & Motion detection and customizable Alert zones
• Intelligent Sound Detection – Recognizes specific sounds. Get mobile alerts of your existing smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
• Adjustable Alert Zones – Draw your own alert zones for extra sensitivity or to ignore background motion.
• Free Cloud & SD Storage – Secure cloud storage to stream download clips of past 24hr, plus encrypted SD card for backup.
Learn more about the Lyric family of connected products at yourhome.honeywell.com/lyric
What's New in Version 3.7.0
-iOS 11 optimization
-Enhanced app authentication (with touch ID support)
-Camera notifications when firmware update is in progress
-General bugs fixes and improvements
When it stays connected, it's good. When.
The device itself is really great. The app needs work. When my power goes out, and both the router and modem is powered down, I have to delete the thermostat from the app, and start over. As the app will not see the thermostat anymore. I know the thermostat is still connected to the router because the Wi-Fi signal icon shows that it is connected. The app is the problem. Unless the thermostat Sees the router, but forgot how to connect back to it. I do not know if there is a firmware update to the thermostat itself that may correct such a problem, but I would not know how to connect the thermostat to the Internet to make such an update. I hope that someday this problem can be corrected. I would hate to go to work in the winter and lose power and find out my home has frozen because the thermostat lost connection and did not know what to do.
Update: I have learned that if the router looses connection because it lost power, the app can’t find the thermostat any longer. All I have to do is unplug it from the wall and then count to 5. Then plug it back into the wall. Presto! The app and the thermostat are talking to each other again. I don’t know if it’s a firmware update that is needed or what.
I set the min/max temps for heating and cooling, and get probably 50+ notifications a week that it’s significantly past the high temp. Also, AC kicks in at odd hours in the middle of the night, even though it’s Under the set temp. I’ve tried dealing with Honeywell support at least 10 times. Have perfect wiring, nothing near the unit, still does not work. Then, without warning, it says my thermostat is controlled by some Honeywell cloud service out of China. I will never buy one of their products again, and warn anyone I can against doing so.
To respond to my he developer, I have spent more than 3 hours on calls, and a dozen email chains, with Honeywell support. The simple fact is the device does not work correctly, and although under warranty, one of your “helpful” reps actually said before you replace it, I need an electrician to verify something about the wiring. The house is 9 years old, has excellent wiring. It was the last straw. Honeywell support is absolutely useless and unhelpful, or at the least, ill equipped to do their job. So no, I’m not interested in calling again. The final straw was being moved to Honeywell home, a cloud service out of China, managing my thermostat. Without my consent or notification and now I can’t even set a min/max like it used to before that.
It’s good when it works:
Had this app and 2 Lyric Thermostats for about a year now. Lately, like the last week or so the app had lost connection with my first floor Lyric. The app just showed a question mark on the first floor Lyric icon and I could not control it at all. However the second Floor Lyric was still connected fine. I called Honeywell and they told me to pull the thermostat off the wall, wait 10 seconds and put back. That worked and I was back up and running on the first floor. Now this morning I wake up and the app shows a question mark for the second Floor Lyric. So I go ahead and disconnect it from the wall and reconnect just like I did downstairs but this time it didn’t work. Later on in the day it was magically back online by itself but guess what?? The first floor was back to question mark again. It’s definitely a glitch with the app because my other apps (Home, Lutron and Hue) all see and control both Lyrics fine.
Come On Honeywell Get It Right!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 09, 2017
- Version: 3.7.0
- Size: 143 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Honeywell International, Inc.
- © 2017 Honeywell International, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.