Hong Kong Beach Water Quality Forecast
By The University of Hong Kong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Hong Kong coastline extends over 700 km, comprising about 40 gazetted beaches managed by the LCSD. There are numerous recreational activities taking place at these beaches by the people of Hong Kong, and therefore the quality of the bathing water at the beaches raises much public concern.
Swimming in sewage-contaminated water may result in gastrointestinal and skin illnesses. To protect public health, Project WATERMAN has developed a beach water quality forecast system by predicting the concentration of the E. coli concentration at a beach. The forecast system is developed from an integrated approach based on statistical methods, hydrodynamic modeling and data-driven hydro-informatics tools. The forecast system is a four-level index system indicating the risk in getting swimming associated gastro-intestinal and skin illnesses when swimming in the water.
- Daily beach water quality forecast for 16 beaches.
- Red-flag or shark alert display.
- Support for English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
- Customizable favorite beach list.
- Showing beach location on map.
What's New in Version 1.02
Minor interface changes
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 05, 2012
- Version: 1.02
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: The University of Hong Kong
- © Project WATERMAN, The University of Hong Kong
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.