Hong Kong Taxi Translator
By Triple Happiness
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“The Hong Kong Taxi app is a very well designed and developed app that every Hong Kong, non-Canto speaking visitor or resident should, scratch that, must have.” - App of the week, Chatty Brains Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Taxi Translator is a powerful tool for finding and translating addresses in Hong Kong into written Chinese and phonetic Cantonese. The new version has a total of +3000 streets, residential areas, buildings, hospitals, beaches, parks, sports grounds, schools, shopping malls and sightseeing spots. With the possibility to add street numbers you can create flashcards for hundreds of thousands of unique addresses. Should you still be missing something you can add your own content in English and ask a friend, your hotel etc. to type in the Chinese. No Internet connection is required (except for the map function) You can send favorite addresses by e-mail and learn how to pronounce an address in Cantonese using the phonetic system Cantonese Yale.
Who uses this App?
Anyone living in, or visiting Hong Kong, that doesn’t speak Cantonese.
* Browse and search addresses
* Show flashcard for taxi drivers
* Show address on map
* Addresses in Chinese characters and phonetic Cantonese
* Save and name addresses under Favorites
* Send addresses as email
* Add your own street numbers
* Add your own content in English and Chinese
* Push notifications when the database is updated
* No Internet required (except for map)
What's New in Version 3.0
* General updates in all categories. Thanks for your suggestions!
* Street directory updated for a new total of close to 4 000 streets.
* Suggest or ask for updates with the new Suggest Entry button
* New great looking iOS 7 interface!
* Update functionality improved
* Better display of Chinese address on TaxiCards
* Minor bug fixes and enhancements
Great HK Travel App (for giving taxi directions for non Chinese speakers)
Giving taxis directions in HK can be challenging (outside of main tourist hotspots) as the majority of drivers have limited English, you either need to learn Chinese pronunciation of address or get address written down for you
This app provides Cantonese (spoken) and traditional Chinese character translations of English addresses. I have been living in HK for 10 years and use HK taxi translated frequently to go to new addresses.
Update to previous review
While the app is lacking many addresses it is easy enough to add one. I didn't realize this at first, but if you have the address in English then all you need to do is open the App and select the street then click the "add number" button and add your street number and voila you are done.
Not really that intuitive but with a little playing around it seems easy enough.
Update For iOS 11 Please!
Love this app and use it all the time to get around Hong Kong more easily.
Developer, please update it for iOS 11 compatibility (make it 64-bit!).
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 11, 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 6.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Suter International Limited
- © 2013-2015. Triple Happiness Publishing Limited. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.